Windows 10: MS Windows support for AMD Processors

Discus and support MS Windows support for AMD Processors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I availed the ""Free upgrade to Windows 10" offer in Nov 2015 & IS STILL RUNNING FINE till date on my PC (Outdated PC Specs as on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SUDIPTO_21, Nov 26, 2018.

1. MS Windows support for AMD Processors

Hello everyone,

I availed the ""Free upgrade to Windows 10" offer in Nov 2015 & IS STILL RUNNING FINE till date on my PC (Outdated PC Specs as on 07/2018).

After searching & reading enough posts herein, I finally

purchased a new PC Build & kept aside my 12yr old PC. My NEW PC (as on 08/2018} binds an AMD Chip with 8 gigs of RAM (DDR 4). Besides Activation, Re-Activation, I've also read about transferring license from the old PC to a new one & much more.

My humble request to all who can help me out with -

1. Transfer license from old to a new PC (tried but failed).

2. Support with AMD Chips with Windows 10 (much needed).

3. Windows Activation with an existing MS Account (I couldn't activate & ended up with ACTIVATE WINDOWS on Desktop).

Regards,

- Sudipto_21

:)

SUDIPTO_21, Nov 26, 2018

2. Not all AMD Processors Support 'XP Mode' in Windows 7

I know someone has said this already, but "Not all AMD Processors Support 'XP Mode' in Windows 7" suggests it is an AMD only problem. Not true.

Better to change the title "Not all processors support..." and then give examples.

Most Intel Atom processors DO NOT support VT
    VIA? Maybe none of them...
    AMD...
    Intel...

lemonadesoda, Nov 26, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 26, 2018
  4. MS Windows support for AMD Processors

Is window 10 not compatibal on AMD processor?

Hi Mohdvasim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue. These are the minimum requirements for Window 10.

• 1 GHz or faster processor
    • 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    • Your processor (CPU) must support the following extensions: SSE2, NX, PAE
    • You can Contact your Computer manufacture and check if there are any system updates to be installed.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

MS Windows support for AMD Processors

1. MS Windows support for AMD Processors - Similar Threads - support AMD Processors

2. These AMD, Intel and Qualcomm Processors support Windows 11 now

in Windows 10 News
    These AMD, Intel and Qualcomm Processors support Windows 11 now: Microsoft has updated the list of supported AMD, Qualcomm and Intel processors for the Windows 11 operating system. It has added dozens of recently released processors to the list, and removed at least one processor, the Intel Core i3-L13G4, from the list of supported Intel...
  3. AMD Zen 3 processor not supported by Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Zen 3 processor not supported by Windows 11?: Hello,I just did the Windows Health Report in order to find out if my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and the results are a bit confusing.The report states that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and I am able to update through Windows Update, but further down in the report...
  4. AMD Zen 3 processor not supported by Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Zen 3 processor not supported by Windows 11?: Hello,I just did the Windows Health Report in order to find out if my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and the results are a bit confusing.The report states that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and I am able to update through Windows Update, but further down in the report...
  5. Windows 11 Supported AMD Processors

Windows 11 Supported AMD Processors: My AMD CPU was listed the original Windows 11 supported CPU list. When the list was updated for Windows 11 22H2, my CPU is no longer listed. It also disappeared from the 21H2 list. I don’t get any unsupported hardware messages, but I do find it odd it’s now missing. My CPU is...
  6. Windows 11 Supported AMD Processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Supported AMD Processors: My AMD CPU was listed the original Windows 11 supported CPU list. When the list was updated for Windows 11 22H2, my CPU is no longer listed. It also disappeared from the 21H2 list. I don’t get any unsupported hardware messages, but I do find it odd it’s now missing. My CPU is...
  7. AMD Processor not supported by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Processor not supported by Windows 11: I have an HP laptop that came with Windows 10 and an AMD A4-9125 Radeon R3 processor. Not sure how old it actually is but I bought it in October 2020. When I tried to update to Windows 11 it says 'this PC doesn't currently meet minimum requirements' but doesn't specify which...
  8. AMD Processor not supported by Windows 11

AMD Processor not supported by Windows 11: I have an HP laptop that came with Windows 10 and an AMD A4-9125 Radeon R3 processor. Not sure how old it actually is but I bought it in October 2020. When I tried to update to Windows 11 it says 'this PC doesn't currently meet minimum requirements' but doesn't specify which...
  9. AMD Processor not supported by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. AMD Processor not supported by Windows 11