Windows 10: MS Wireless Display Adapter - IP Address allocated to PC?

Discus and support MS Wireless Display Adapter - IP Address allocated to PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 in my setup currently, to be able to cast my screen onto a TV. I'm seeing some random IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christam1, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Christam1 Win User

MS Wireless Display Adapter - IP Address allocated to PC?

Hello!

I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 in my setup currently, to be able to cast my screen onto a TV.

I'm seeing some random IP addresses appear next to the Wireless Ethernet Adapter when I run an IPCONFIG /all on my PC, BUT only while I am beaming wirelessly to the device.

Is there some documentation available, to explain how the IP addressing of these devices work? Sometimes, I seem to be allocated a 192 address to the device - other times a 172 address!

Thanks for any help anybody can provide!

:)

Christam1, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

MS Wireless Display adapter stopped 2018

Hi David,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this problem including a recent update that introduced compatibility issues with the Wireless Display driver. In line with this, we recommend that you update or reinstall the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter driver
    on your PC. Here's how:

• With the Wireless Display Adapter plugged in and powered on, select the
      Start
      button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter device, then right-click on it, and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

In addition, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues.

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, you may refer to the following link for additional troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Gino Des, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    MS Wireless Display Adapter

Exactly.

The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter uses Miracast technology which in its turn uses WiFi.

Read more:

4. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. MS Wireless Display Adapter - IP Address allocated to PC? - Similar Threads - Wireless Display Adapter

2. IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: what is IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-subnets-for-microsoft-wireless-display-adapter/d01ef12e-de85-4501-a317-048cdac978be
  3. IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: what is IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-subnets-for-microsoft-wireless-display-adapter/d01ef12e-de85-4501-a317-048cdac978be
  4. IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless Display Adapter not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter not connecting to PC: Hello....ran into a strange issue that I'm not sure how to fix.Our school district has Microsoft Wireless Display adapters at various locations. They were connecting to Dell Latitude 3410s up until 3 weeks ago. Suddenly none of them will connect to the display. Sometimes they...
  6. Wireless Display Adapter not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Adapter not connecting to PC: Hello....ran into a strange issue that I'm not sure how to fix.Our school district has Microsoft Wireless Display adapters at various locations. They were connecting to Dell Latitude 3410s up until 3 weeks ago. Suddenly none of them will connect to the display. Sometimes they...
  7. 'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter

'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter: If you go to the "Device Manager" control panel window, and open the 'Network Adapters' drop down, there is a list of different Network Adapters. My goal was to change the MAC address on my wireless adapter that I use to connect to the wifi. You can do this by displaying the...
  8. does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to...: does every Router provided by ISP has a unique IP address (public IP address) allocated to ISP by IANA? Moreover, does each of these routers have NAT or PAT ability? if yes, who decides that one router has to perform PAT or NAT?...
  9. MS Wireless Display Adapter / my TV

MS Wireless Display Adapter / my TV: Adapter installed in my Windows 10 Pro laptop. TV screen display "Ready for Connection". Both Adapter and TV listed in My Devices ("Unconnected") Action Center does not list either device to allow Connection. (Firewall allows both Private and Public use)...
  10. MS Wireless Display Adapter

MS Wireless Display Adapter: I have a MS Wireless Display Adapter for my TV set. It works with my SURFACE, but will not work with my Desktop PC! I purchased a Bluetooth dongle & installed it on me Desktop Win 10. The Bluetooth was purchased from Maplin in Dublin Ireland. I used the CD install disk...