Windows 10: MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys

Discus and support MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my old keyboard, I could press F5 in Notepad for a timestamp. However I am unable to get a timestamp when I press F5 in Notepad with my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TazHD, Mar 28, 2020.

1. TazHD Win User

MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys

On my old keyboard, I could press F5 in Notepad for a timestamp. However I am unable to get a timestamp when I press F5 in Notepad with my new keyboard. How can I get my new keyboard MS Comfort Wireless 5050 Desktop to give me a timestamp in Notepad?

:)

TazHD, Mar 28, 2020

2. Wireless 5050 keyboard

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the exact issues in the Wireless 5050 keyboard?
    2. Please elaborate some more information when you say “I have to hit backspace to stop my Wireless 5050 keyboard from operating like spacebar”?
    3. Are you not able to wake up your computer by hitting backspace?

You may refer the Microsoft article
    user guide
    to know more about Wireless keyboard 5050.

If the issue still persists, reply to us with screen shot. Refer the suggestion from
    Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene dated October 2nd
    on How to include a screenshot in your post.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 28, 2020
  3. F-key functions on the Comfort Wireless 5050

Hi Robert,

To troubleshoot your concern about your Comfort Wireless 5050, answer the following questions:

• Aside from the function keys, does the other keys work?
    • Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your device? Click on this
      link
      on where to download the drivers for your wireless keyboard.
    Update us on the result.

Gerald Vit, Mar 28, 2020
  4. MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys

MS Wireless Comfort 5050 Keyboard & Mouse Mail Shortcut Key

Hi Jacqueline,

We'd like to know if the other dedicated key are working properly? What happens when you press the Mail icon key?

As an alternative to create a shortcut key for Windows Mail, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Mail app shortcut icon > Select Properties.
    • Go to Shortcut tab > On the Shortcut key field, hit any key.
    • Press OK.

Note: If you type 'G' for example under the Shortcut key field it will automatically show Ctrl + Alt + G. The shortcut key would depend on your choice but the Ctrl + Alt will be constant.

Keep us posted about your concern.

Regile Reb, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys

1. MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys - Similar Threads - Wireless Keyboard 5050

2. wireless comfort keyboard 5050 keys are not works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless comfort keyboard 5050 keys are not works: I have wireless comfort keyboard 5050 for almost 3 years and i didn't use the keyboard for almost a year but i used the mouse without any problems "all that time i removed the battery from keyboard", Now i trying to use the keyboard again but it didn't responding.I used a...
  3. wireless comfort keyboard 5050 keys are not works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless comfort keyboard 5050 keys are not works: I have wireless comfort keyboard 5050 for almost 3 years and i didn't use the keyboard for almost a year but i used the mouse without any problems "all that time i removed the battery from keyboard", Now i trying to use the keyboard again but it didn't responding.I used a...
  4. wireless comfort keyboard 5050 keys are not works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MICROSOFT 5050 wireless keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT 5050 wireless keyboard: hello all- have a micro 5050 wireless keyboard,dell tower,windows 11. my caps key no longer displays 'caps on' on pc screen when i depress it. it works w shift key.........this started with clean install of windows 11. checked drivers in settings,show fine.changed batteries...
  6. MICROSOFT 5050 wireless keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT 5050 wireless keyboard: hello all- have a micro 5050 wireless keyboard,dell tower,windows 11. my caps key no longer displays 'caps on' on pc screen when i depress it. it works w shift key.........this started with clean install of windows 11. checked drivers in settings,show fine.changed batteries...
  7. Brand new MS wireless desktop 5050 keyboard malfunctioning- sticky keys

Brand new MS wireless desktop 5050 keyboard malfunctioning- sticky keys: Hi All, Not sure if anyone has had the same issues with the MS wireless desktop 5050 keyboard? When i type as normal i very often get a "sticky keys" thing happen on random keys, ie: i type away "aaaaaaaaaaaaaand this happennnnnnnnnnnnnnns". Other times it seems to miss the...
  8. MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key

MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key: I'm trying to figure out what combination to use for a Pause/Break key on an MS 5050 or sculpt keyboard, or how to program a macro. I have read several articles on here and they are very unclear. We use an old school mainframe program and I need this key to clear data on my...
  9. Wireless Keyboard 5050

Wireless Keyboard 5050: HI, I just bought the Microsoft 5050 wireless keyboard and can't figure out how to make the F keys function as normal Excel F keys. For example, when in Excel, the F2 key currently functions as "undo", but in normal Excel it should edit the active cell. Also, when you...
  10. Wireless 5050 keyboard

Wireless 5050 keyboard: Why to I have to hit backspace to stop my Wireless 5050 keyboard from operating like the spacebar is depressed waking from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-5050-keyboard/c4a11d88-aa20-4823-87b8-fb9875c10e23