Windows 10: MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update?

Discus and support MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My system is a Lenovo T560. I have had this message for months now: [img] Not exactly informative. We are now half-way to the fall 2019 update, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by x509, Jul 29, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update?

My system is a Lenovo T560. I have had this message for months now:

MS won't update my system to 1903?  Should i just force the update? [​IMG]

Not exactly informative. We are now half-way to the fall 2019 update, so why isn't this relatively new system ready to be updated? Should I just use MCT and force the upgrade to 1903?

What is the worst that can happen if I force the upgrade?

:)

2. Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Jul 29, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. xkm1948 Win User

Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

Yep. Tried to update my Realtek sound driver to the lastest version. After that I can't even use the Realtek sound control panel any more. It is now blocked. Seems M$ is determined to force users to swallow their automated driver update system.

f*u*c*k this. One step forward two steps backward.

xkm1948, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update? - Similar Threads - won't update system

2. Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?: I just ordered a new laptop and will be home in a few days. Windows 10 Home included, but i am not sure which version of windows 10, its either 1803 or 1809. Should i update it to 1903 before doing anything else, like installing games, apps and etc ? 138822
  3. Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great: My computer updated automatically, which SUCKS, and now 3 of my external devices are "The USB set address request failed" including my GD render drive with all my client files that I now have to open on my MAC (that I hate but works every time). So two drives an my LG...
  4. When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update

When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update: Hi everyone. I was just wondering when I might expect to be offered the latest (1903) update. Thanks, Mark 133590
  5. When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update: Hi everyone. I was just wondering when I might expect to be offered the latest (1903) update. Thanks, Mark 133590
  6. Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?

Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?: I want to update my PC with the latest May 1903 update available on Microsoft official website but the windows automatic update has not prompted to install this update yet. When i installed the Windows update assistant and ran it manually then it checked for 1903 and asked to...
  7. Should I be updating it or not?

Should I be updating it or not?: Hi, I checked my laptop for windows update and got an update for Windows 10 version 1809. But I read at a few places that when you check for update manually Microsoft pushes the under testing build to the users. So does that mean that the update I have received is a beta...
  8. Will I be forced to update?

Will I be forced to update?: Hello, I'm currently running on limited data, as such I have enabled the "Metered connection" on my network that prevents most Windows Updates from downloading. I'm running Windows 10 version 1607. It wants to do a feature update of 4GB+. Today I got a notifcation from...
  9. MS forced updates with autoupdates disabled or what?

MS forced updates with autoupdates disabled or what?: I have autoupdates is disabled in Services. I only update every month or so. I’m using a an audio recording program, Sonar Platinum. In our forum 4 weeks ago, it appears that MS did some forced updates to everyone’s computer even if autoupdates were disabled. 4 weeks...
  10. Should i update my BIOS Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should i update my BIOS Drivers?: Should I update my BIOS Drivers? Actually, it takes a minute for the PC to boot... The boot time is extremely slow. That's why I'm thinking of updating my BIOS Drivers. Thanks *Smile Specs: Motherboard: MSI 880GMS - E41(FX) CPU: AMD FX-6300 GPU: PowerColor Devil R9 270x...