Windows 10: MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update?

Discus and support MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My system is a Lenovo T560. I have had this message for months now: [img] Not exactly informative. We are now half-way to the fall 2019 update, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by x509, Jul 29, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update?

My system is a Lenovo T560. I have had this message for months now:

MS won't update my system to 1903?  Should i just force the update? [​IMG]

Not exactly informative. We are now half-way to the fall 2019 update, so why isn't this relatively new system ready to be updated? Should I just use MCT and force the upgrade to 1903?

What is the worst that can happen if I force the upgrade?

:)

2. Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Jul 29, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. xkm1948 Win User

Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

Yep. Tried to update my Realtek sound driver to the lastest version. After that I can't even use the Realtek sound control panel any more. It is now blocked. Seems M$ is determined to force users to swallow their automated driver update system.

f*u*c*k this. One step forward two steps backward.

xkm1948, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update? - Similar Threads - won't update system

2. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  3. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  4. Should I force an update?

Should I force an update?: My new laptop is running Windows 10 build 1909 and a few days ago I got the option to update to build 2004. The next day, when I went to update, I got the “your device is not ready” message. I thought that by now all compatibility problems would be fixed. Is it safe for me to...
  5. Should I force an update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I force an update?: My new laptop is running Windows 10 build 1909 and a few days ago I got the option to update to build 2004. The next day, when I went to update, I got the “your device is not ready” message. I thought that by now all compatibility problems would be fixed. Is it safe for me to...
  6. Should i just stop my laptop from updating?

Should i just stop my laptop from updating?: i began restarting my laptop after it showed me the yellow restart symbol on my taskbar, i think this was to update windows (it's windows 10 of course, why else would i be posting on thsi sub?). it's been almost two hours and the update is only 25% done??? i don't understand...
  7. If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.: [ATTACH] Personally, I've had no issues with Windows forcing an update onto me in the past but this is still nice to see. On 1903, it seems like Windows doesn't even download updates during the active hours any more. It shows you which updates are available and waits...
  8. MS Forcing an update and reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Forcing an update and reboot: I had Updates turned off on my system and tonight an update seemed to be forced and my system rebooted. after restarting all the data on my storage/work drive is gone! I have been working on a project for 3 week's and was being sent to Antarctica for research. Even the...
  9. Failed Forced v.1903 Update...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failed Forced v.1903 Update...: The automatic forced update to v.1903 on my system failed during the night a couple of days ago. The v.1903 update took 11.5 hours to download/install and another hour to do the update. Then another hour to download and install two additional updates. No errors listed in...
  10. Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?

Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?: I want to update my PC with the latest May 1903 update available on Microsoft official website but the windows automatic update has not prompted to install this update yet. When i installed the Windows update assistant and ran it manually then it checked for 1903 and asked to...