Windows 10: MS Word 97 migration

Discus and support MS Word 97 migration in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my (very) old XP I have MS Word 97 with which I get on very well. Its simplicity of use and compatibility with my pc compared to newer versions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnLaw2, Dec 12, 2019.

1. JohnLaw2 Win User

MS Word 97 migration

On my (very) old XP I have MS Word 97 with which I get on very well. Its simplicity of use and compatibility with my pc compared to newer versions of Word which seem to take up a lot of my time when all I want to do is write, appeals to me. It was installed with my XP at purchase, I cannot find after 17 years or so either a disk or product key though I do have a key with my original disks but whether it was for the Win XP OS activation or Word I do not know. Should I be trying to migrate Word from my XP to my Win 10 PC and, if so, how do I do it - my hair is greyer now than then?

:)

JohnLaw2, Dec 12, 2019

2. Error when opening word 97-2003 document in Nokia Lumia 520

I got a mail with a word document in my Nokia Lumia 520. But when I tired to edit it, a message pops-up stating -
    "Can't Edit: This file is saved as a Word 97-2003 document and can't be edited."

• Do I need to update/install a plug-in to edit?
    • Or the only way to edit a word document in Windows 8 phone is to have Word 2004 and above version in my PC?

Ryan Paul Joy P, Dec 12, 2019
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

MS Word 97 migration

Microsoft Indic Keyboard in not transliterating in MS Word

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Is the issue specific to MS Word 2016 or does it happen on all the applications?

If the issue is specific to MS Word, I suggest you check if there are any updates pushed for Word and install them. Click on
    Help at the top and check for updates.

If you already have an updated version of Word already, you may go through
    Hindi Indic Input 3 - User Guide and check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you may use Translate text into
    a different language
    as an alternative.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

MS Word 97 migration

1. MS Word 97 migration - Similar Threads - Word migration

2. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words: I am trying to locate files in my "Users" folder that have two specific words in them. Here is what I mean:Any type of file.Title of file that has "payment" and "register" in it.These two words may or may not be consecutive in the file name.For example:2023 June register of...
  3. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words: I am trying to locate files in my "Users" folder that have two specific words in them. Here is what I mean:Any type of file.Title of file that has "payment" and "register" in it.These two words may or may not be consecutive in the file name.For example:2023 June register of...
  4. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  6. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  7. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  9. migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I have a large custom dictionary in Word loaded on Windows 7 enterprise. I have tried migrating it to Windows 10 and keep failing to do this correctly. Even though I see that ithe custom dictionary is installed (I can open it and see the words), when I type the words in a...
  10. Locked Word Files After Migrating from 7 to 10. How to open?

Locked Word Files After Migrating from 7 to 10. How to open?: Migrated all my files from an older Windows 7 laptop to a new Windows 10 machine. The older one was running Office 2013 Pro. I backed up some Word files that were encrypted. No problem, as I have the password. But the new laptop with the Office 365 trial I am using won't open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ryan vgmaster2001