Windows 10: MS Word and Excel Error Windows/System32/VCrunchtime140.dll is either not designed

Discus and support MS Word and Excel Error Windows/System32/VCrunchtime140.dll is either not designed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone!I have a problem with launching my Microsoft Word and Excel. Whenever I try to open it, a prompt pops that say,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James PatrickCruz, Jun 9, 2021.

1. MS Word and Excel Error Windows/System32/VCrunchtime140.dll is either not designed

Hello everyone!I have a problem with launching my Microsoft Word and Excel. Whenever I try to open it, a prompt pops that say, "Windows/System32/VCrunchtime140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error."It suggested reinstalling the program or contact the system administrator. I already did the first one but it wasn't resolved. I hope someone could help me. Thank you!

:)

James PatrickCruz, Jun 9, 2021

2. c:windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. error status 0xc000012f

Hi Yashwant,

I am layman does not understand all these technical jargon & unable to do all this.

Please help with some kind of simple step by step procedure which will help layman like me to fix this error of

Winword.exe-bad image

c:\windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.Error
    status 0xc000012f.
    ).

My MS word works but power point & excel does not work.

This error started after my PC got updated automatically with some update on my windows 10.

sachintgaware, Jun 9, 2021
  3. c:windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. error status 0xc000012f

Q:

c:windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. error status 0xc000012f

mohamedalanany, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Gil deG Win User

MS Word and Excel Error Windows/System32/VCrunchtime140.dll is either not designed

windows 10: 'MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.'

Hi,

Since you are getting same error "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error".

We suggest that you refer to this
    thread
    as some customers are also having the same issue and try to check the suggested fix of Santosh_Rai.

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

MS Word and Excel Error Windows/System32/VCrunchtime140.dll is either not designed

1. MS Word and Excel Error Windows/System32/VCrunchtime140.dll is either not designed - Similar Threads - Word Excel Error

2. c:windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    c:windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an...: I am trying to open my Sims and I get this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cwindowssystem32msvcp140dll-is-either-not-designed/fe7ca102-3d97-4954-b394-78aa705de8b1
  3. c:windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an...: I am trying to open my Sims and I get this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cwindowssystem32msvcp140dll-is-either-not-designed/fe7ca102-3d97-4954-b394-78aa705de8b1
  4. c:windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "C:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140_CLR0400.dll is either not designed to run on windows or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "C:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140_CLR0400.dll is either not designed to run on windows or...: When I open an application needing to go to a server, it has this exact text above in the title, VCRUNTIME140_CLR0400.dll is in the exact location, yet it still has an error, I am on Windows 7 Enterprise, while this could be the problem I have no understanding how to fix...
  6. "C:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140_CLR0400.dll is either not designed to run on windows or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "C:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140_CLR0400.dll is either not designed to run on windows or...: When I open an application needing to go to a server, it has this exact text above in the title, VCRUNTIME140_CLR0400.dll is in the exact location, yet it still has an error, I am on Windows 7 Enterprise, while this could be the problem I have no understanding how to fix...
  7. C;WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap64.dll is either not designed to run on windows.........

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    C;WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap64.dll is either not designed to run on windows.........: Hi, I have been experiencing this issue for quite a while now, but since its not affecting how my apps works, I never really tried to resolve it. But now it's getting kind of annoying since it shows up whenever I try to open some applications like valorant, new world, etc....
  8. "windows system32 secur32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "windows system32 secur32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an...: This issue has started about a week ago. I booted up my laptop and opened PyCharm - a popular Python interpreter. The program was not willing to open. sometimes I saw it in file manager, and sometimes not. After a couple of minutes of searching, I found an online solution....
  9. C:\\WINDOWS\system32\vccorlib140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C:\\WINDOWS\system32\vccorlib140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it...: After the windows 10 October update, I had the following message displayed at various time when working on my PC. It has stopped happening today, but since the update I can't open an Excel spreadsheet which has VB. The program opens and exits after about 3 seconds. I can...
  10. (Fixed) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (Fixed) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it...: When I try to start some programs It shows this error [ATTACH] I have DirectX 12, Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 x64, and Windows 10....