Windows 10: MS Word and File Explorer

Discus and support MS Word and File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just started using Word 365. I go to File Explorer and open an existing Word doc and make no changes to it. I then close it out. In File Explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PorterBT, Apr 1, 2019.

1. PorterBT Win User

MS Word and File Explorer

I just started using Word 365. I go to File Explorer and open an existing Word doc and make no changes to it. I then close it out. In File Explorer, the listing shows it now has a new “Date modified” with the current date. If I open the doc again and check its properties, it has the “Last Modified” date as the last time I actually made a change to it. How do I stop this from happening? I need the files ordered in the actual “Date modified” not the last opened date.

Moved from:

Word

/

Windows 10

/

Office 365 Home

:)

PorterBT, Apr 1, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Apr 1, 2019
  3. SHess1 Win User
    MS Word files list/library

Can I print or copy to file, a list of MS Word contents?

SHess1, Apr 1, 2019
  4. BMG32 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix

I had the same problem. I went searching for an answer too, and found this.

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View tab. The View tab is shown.
    • In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.
    • Select several files one by one.

I was in Word when I opened File Explorer then the View tab. I only had to click the Preview Pane button. A separate column appeared in my list of word files and then I was able to previes all the the docx files. I checked and it seems to work across
    files, so once the Preview Pane **** selected it was selected for all the directory files.

You've probably already tried this, but I didn't see where you said you were in Word when you clicked the Preview Pane button.

I've spent the last few years with Win10 and Word 365 and I feel like I've gone backwards. I knew the commands very well, even being able to do some pretty sophisticated design work in Word. Now, I feel like a beginner all over again. I really wish that
    MS hadn't screwed so heavily with the commands. To me, I know they're there, but now their location is hidden. Scheese!

BMG32, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Word and File Explorer - Similar Threads - Word File Explorer

2. Ms Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ms Word: When I open Ms Word then it automatically open in Chrome but I want to open it as an app so how can I do this....pls reply? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/49ff8dad-2dc2-4cf3-9cf0-3e8aa75b3e9d
  3. MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word: I lost my Word files when my hard drive crashed last week Where can I get download for my new hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/1cfbe2cf-d742-4f22-8e33-f1ed07672b58
  4. MS Word

MS Word: I lost my Word files when my hard drive crashed last week Where can I get download for my new hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/1cfbe2cf-d742-4f22-8e33-f1ed07672b58
  5. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the files on MS Word: I copy/pasted the same files on a folder and edited per file but when I undo and redo the file and opened it again, the contents of the file is gone. what do i do?...
  6. About the files on MS Word

About the files on MS Word: I copy/pasted the same files on a folder and edited per file but when I undo and redo the file and opened it again, the contents of the file is gone. what do i do?...
  7. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. MS 365 files (Word, Excel, PPT) no thumbnails in Windows Explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS 365 files (Word, Excel, PPT) no thumbnails in Windows Explorer: I installed MS 365 a few weeks ago and have recently noticed that its files are not showing thumbnails when looking at them in Windows Explorer. All files are saved in the latest format, e.g. docx, xlxx, pptx. This is whether viewed as large, medium or small icons. For a...
  9. MS WORD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS WORD: Whenever I save a Word document choosing the path in my desktop system it is successfully done. But when I access this Word file later on in the path it is saved 'windows explorer' hangs and the saved Word file is not opening. When I go to the task manager it shows windows...
  10. File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files: Is there a quick fix to File Explorer crashes when clicking on MS Word files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-with-ms-word-files/c954364a-600d-4dfa-95f0-5bf6b6cf3760