Windows 10: MS Word files disappeared from PC

Discus and support MS Word files disappeared from PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All Word files disappeared from my Documents folder after my PC automatically started saving new files to OneDrive. I can't find them anywhere and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trisha13, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Trisha13 Win User

MS Word files disappeared from PC

All Word files disappeared from my Documents folder after my PC automatically started saving new files to OneDrive. I can't find them anywhere and they weren't backed up! Someone tried to set a Restore Point for me, but my User Documents folder is still empty and File Explorer shows nothing. I have limited tech knowledge...any suggestions on what to do? I am using Word 2013. Thanks for any help.

:)

Trisha13, Jan 9, 2022

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jan 9, 2022
  3. MS WORD

I have proceeded with your suggestion of selecting the word document saved in a path and tried to select it for right clicking but miserably failed. It has not allowed me to select the word document first and windows explorer hanged circling for sometime
    and came out of explorer itself. This issue may be something different I feel. Other MS docs like excel, notepad etc are opening correctly when I double click as usual and this word document only giving problem.

Please suggest some other workable solution.

Thanks,

Balakrishnan.

BalakrishnanVenkatraman, Jan 9, 2022
  4. Kreij Win User

Is MS reconciling with the PC Gaming Community?

What !?? Games For Windows didn't prove to you that MS was serious about PC gaming? /sarc

Actions speak louder than words. So step up to the plate, Microsoft, or STFU.

Kreij, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

1. MS Word files disappeared from PC - Similar Threads - Word files disappeared

2. MS Word files disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Word files disappeared from PC: All Word files disappeared from my Documents folder after my PC automatically started saving new files to OneDrive. I can't find them anywhere and they weren't backed up! Someone tried to set a Restore Point for me, but my User Documents folder is still empty and File...
  3. MS Word files disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word files disappeared from PC: All Word files disappeared from my Documents folder after my PC automatically started saving new files to OneDrive. I can't find them anywhere and they weren't backed up! Someone tried to set a Restore Point for me, but my User Documents folder is still empty and File...
  4. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the files on MS Word: I copy/pasted the same files on a folder and edited per file but when I undo and redo the file and opened it again, the contents of the file is gone. what do i do?...
  5. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About the files on MS Word: I copy/pasted the same files on a folder and edited per file but when I undo and redo the file and opened it again, the contents of the file is gone. what do i do?...
  6. About the files on MS Word

7. Word files disappearing randomly

Word files disappearing randomly: Windows updated and all the files seemed to have disappeared. I signed back in and restarted and they came back. That was a few days ago. This morning, it took an extended period of time to start up saying "Preparing Windows..." and when it did I logged back out of my...
  8. Why is my text disappearing from MS Word?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my text disappearing from MS Word?: I’m typing a paper. On page 3, I started a new paragraph. When I type, half the paragraph just disappears. If I hit the undo button, it comes back. This is super annoying. I’m on a windows desktop. submitted by /u/Vomelette22 [link] [comments]...
  9. Word files have disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Word files have disappeared: My word file descriptions are there but when I attempt to open any of them I get a blank page. All this happened while I was attempting to encrypt a word file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-files-have-disappeared/9fb1d9ed-605c-42be-8361-ef9af67c7986
  10. MS Word and File Explorer

MS Word and File Explorer: I just started using Word 365. I go to File Explorer and open an existing Word doc and make no changes to it. I then close it out. In File Explorer, the listing shows it now has a new “Date modified” with the current date. If I open the doc again and check its properties, it...