Windows 10: MS Word Files No Longer Directly Associated With Word Software

Discus and support MS Word Files No Longer Directly Associated With Word Software in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had MS 365 for two years. As of 6 weeks ago, all of my Word files in file manager now have a notepad icon next to them. When I click on them in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BMPJ, Jun 10, 2020.

1. BMPJ Win User

MS Word Files No Longer Directly Associated With Word Software

I've had MS 365 for two years. As of 6 weeks ago, all of my Word files in file manager now have a notepad icon next to them. When I click on them in file manager, unreadable characters open in a notepad document. All Word files affected with this issue have the docx extension. As a workaround, I have been right clicking on a filename then selecting open with Word. How do I get these files to be associated with Word in the file manager and to automatically open in Word when I click on them?

:)

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jun 10, 2020
  3. How to add line in each page of ms word

Hello,

Anyway to add one line of few words on each page directly without individually on eCh page of ms word file?

Thx.

freebird_9924, Jun 10, 2020
  4. ansuz Win User

Windows 10 search opens 'word' incorrect file association

could you check settingcontent-ms my list has word associated with that in the protocol list

also .dochtml and .docxml so three that do NOT appear on your list above

ansuz, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. MS Word Files No Longer Directly Associated With Word Software - Similar Threads - Word Files Longer

2. Ms Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ms Word: When I open Ms Word then it automatically open in Chrome but I want to open it as an app so how can I do this....pls reply? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/49ff8dad-2dc2-4cf3-9cf0-3e8aa75b3e9d
  3. MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word: I lost my Word files when my hard drive crashed last week Where can I get download for my new hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/1cfbe2cf-d742-4f22-8e33-f1ed07672b58
  4. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the files on MS Word: I copy/pasted the same files on a folder and edited per file but when I undo and redo the file and opened it again, the contents of the file is gone. what do i do?...
  5. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About the files on MS Word: I copy/pasted the same files on a folder and edited per file but when I undo and redo the file and opened it again, the contents of the file is gone. what do i do?...
  6. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. MS WORD

MS WORD: Whenever I save a Word document choosing the path in my desktop system it is successfully done. But when I access this Word file later on in the path it is saved 'windows explorer' hangs and the saved Word file is not opening. When I go to the task manager it shows windows...
  8. Word software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word software: I lost everything on my computer, including word, etc. I don't think I have the original install. Is there any way to retrieve the software w/o repurchasing? I do have ver 7. Thank you...
  9. MS Word and File Explorer

MS Word and File Explorer: I just started using Word 365. I go to File Explorer and open an existing Word doc and make no changes to it. I then close it out. In File Explorer, the listing shows it now has a new “Date modified” with the current date. If I open the doc again and check its properties, it...
  10. Word software

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word software: Hello guys, I am new here and I hope I am writing where I should. I was wondering if it is posible to create a simple software or if there is something like this already inside microsoft word: I was thinking if it is posible to create a simple software which has like 4 or 5...