Windows 10: MS Word issue after updates

Discus and support MS Word issue after updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the MS updates I have had nothing but problems with MS Word opening upon start-up, extremely slow copy/past if at all Can someone just give me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SKstevens.72, Jul 17, 2020.

1. MS Word issue after updates

Since the MS updates I have had nothing but problems with

MS Word opening upon start-up, extremely slow copy/past if at all

Can someone just give me some bullet points for ease of access to rectify this. This should not be happening.

Thanks

:)

SKstevens.72, Jul 17, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Indic Keyboard in not transliterating in MS Word

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Is the issue specific to MS Word 2016 or does it happen on all the applications?

If the issue is specific to MS Word, I suggest you check if there are any updates pushed for Word and install them. Click on
    Help at the top and check for updates.

If you already have an updated version of Word already, you may go through
    Hindi Indic Input 3 - User Guide and check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you may use Translate text into
    a different language
    as an alternative.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

MS Word issue after updates

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

MS Word issue after updates

1. MS Word issue after updates - Similar Threads - Word issue updates

2. Multiple Errors and MS Word issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Errors and MS Word issues: Why am I seeing this message:Message: AADSTS500202: User account '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from external identity provider 'live.com' is not supported for API version '2.0'. Microsoft account pass-thru users and guests are not supported by the...
  3. Multiple Errors and MS Word issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Errors and MS Word issues: Why am I seeing this message:Message: AADSTS500202: User account '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from external identity provider 'live.com' is not supported for API version '2.0'. Microsoft account pass-thru users and guests are not supported by the...
  4. Ms Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms Word: When I open Ms Word then it automatically open in Chrome but I want to open it as an app so how can I do this....pls reply? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/49ff8dad-2dc2-4cf3-9cf0-3e8aa75b3e9d
  5. Ms Word

Ms Word: When I open Ms Word then it automatically open in Chrome but I want to open it as an app so how can I do this....pls reply? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/49ff8dad-2dc2-4cf3-9cf0-3e8aa75b3e9d
  6. MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word: I lost my Word files when my hard drive crashed last week Where can I get download for my new hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/1cfbe2cf-d742-4f22-8e33-f1ed07672b58
  7. MS Word

MS Word: I lost my Word files when my hard drive crashed last week Where can I get download for my new hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/1cfbe2cf-d742-4f22-8e33-f1ed07672b58
  8. MS Word issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Word issue: My documents used to open and be flagged at the last position in the document making it easy to return to the place I was working on last. Now it defaults to the start of the document every time. I often have to search for where I need to start from or ctrl-end to get to...
  9. MS WORD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS WORD: Whenever I save a Word document choosing the path in my desktop system it is successfully done. But when I access this Word file later on in the path it is saved 'windows explorer' hangs and the saved Word file is not opening. When I go to the task manager it shows windows...
  10. Windows update causing issue with MS Word 2016 Clipboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update causing issue with MS Word 2016 Clipboard: The 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4284822) windows update is causing Windows MS Word 2016 Clipboard to not work properly. I installed the update and experienced the issue. I uninstalled the update and the issue did not occur...