Windows 10: MS Word Query: Word 365 suddenly 'not responding' with 7 MB Word file

Discus and support MS Word Query: Word 365 suddenly 'not responding' with 7 MB Word file in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I have a large Word file (around 7 MB, 2000 pages) which I update everyday for work. I have used this file and updated it in Word without issues... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by crazyfool, May 15, 2018.

1. crazyfool Win User

MS Word Query: Word 365 suddenly 'not responding' with 7 MB Word file

Hi,

I have a large Word file (around 7 MB, 2000 pages) which I update everyday for work. I have used this file and updated it in Word without issues for many years until now.

Since the last 2 weeks Word keeps going 'not responding' for a long time when I try to do anything with it (scroll down, type). I thought it could be my setup (nothing was changed), but I tried opening the same file in different computers of friends who also have Office 365. Its freezing.

I have older backups of this file so I tried opening older versions, and all versions since I converted from .doc to .docx around 2 years ago are freezing in Word.

I tried to export it to PDF and surprisingly that worked, so at least I lost no data but how do I get it to work in Word now? I need to update and submit this file.

Thanks in advance..

:)

crazyfool, May 15, 2018

2. MS Word

Good Day

I have been receiving this message every time I access MS Word on my Laptop. WORD COULD NOT CREATE THE WORK FILE. CHECK TEMP ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE.

Kindly Advice.

Leroy Mascarenhas.

LeroyMascarenhas, May 15, 2018
  3. excel in word 365

Excel tables can be opened in Word. I have done it many times with 7 and 10. Now that I have 365 it can open but freezes. My office manager has the same program but she can reopen the excel table.

Mary Katherine Dean, May 15, 2018
Thema:

MS Word Query: Word 365 suddenly 'not responding' with 7 MB Word file

1. MS Word Query: Word 365 suddenly 'not responding' with 7 MB Word file - Similar Threads - Word Query Word

2. Word files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word files: HI, my files on my new windows 10 are not saving it says invalid file but it appears saved in documents please help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-files/efeb0e4b-9f2a-4401-bd80-09809eb6ecd9"
  3. MS Word and File Explorer

MS Word and File Explorer: I just started using Word 365. I go to File Explorer and open an existing Word doc and make no changes to it. I then close it out. In File Explorer, the listing shows it now has a new “Date modified” with the current date. If I open the doc again and check its properties, it...
  4. word is not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    word is not responding: Hi The screen of my lap top went all 'jazzy' earlier this morning. I switched off and rebooted but since this time when I try to create a word document the message word not responding (compatibility mode) flashes up. How do I put things back to normal?...
  5. Lost MS Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost MS Word: My 2016 computer came with MS Word installed, but it was recently removed. How may I recover programs that were included with the computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-ms-word/dc2be46f-938f-40f2-8ee2-b772e0bc915c
  6. MS Word configeration

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Word configeration: Hi Earlier, I clicked on a notification pop up saying a programme was slowing my PC down, I thinks it was something about office 365 Now, when I try and open my saved MS word documents, when I try and open each document, MS configuration opens saying configuration in...
  7. ms word not working

ms word not working: unable to edit documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-not-working/b439f02a-6add-4671-9af2-6f8d20909da7"
  8. MS Word Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word Error: So I couldn't fit the whole error message so I'll put it here: Word could not create the work file. Check the Temp environment variable. I did this thing where you'd change the name of the users folder with regedit. I had to do a couple things to make it work like deleting...
  9. configuration on ms word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    configuration on ms word: In windows 10 I get “configuring ms home and student 2007 “ every time a open a word file. This takes a long time to run before I can open the file. 104648
  10. losing MS Word

in Windows 10 Support
    losing MS Word: I don't want anything to do with MS Word. I have Word Perfect on my computer. Every document wants to open in MS Word. I know how to click a document, then right click, and then choose Word Perfect, but I don't want to go through all that every time I want to open a document....