Windows 10: MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change

Discus and support MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I double click on a word to select it, the selection background changes to black and the text changes to white. This is a text selection issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkHighfield57, Jan 16, 2020.

1. MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change

When I double click on a word to select it, the selection background changes to black and the text changes to white.

This is a text selection issue. It is not a permanent change such as you would do using Home/Font/Text Highlight Colour or Home/Paragraph/Shading.

It is not occurring in Excel, and I cannot see it occurring elsewhere in Windows.

Background

I have a new windows 10 installation and the only changes I have made are to themes and backgrounds. I suspect that if I removed the theme or restored the default settings, that should fix it, but there is no option to do so.

:)

MarkHighfield57, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Agrippa Win User

Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app.

I am looking at the MS Sticky Notes app as a replacement for 3M Post-It Notes app which is giving me trouble at the moment.

What I would like to do in Sticky Notes is to change the colour of various selected pieces of text (which you can do in Post-It Notes). I have found one or two claims that you can do this by putting the text to be changed into something like Word or WordPad, changing the colour, and then pasting it into Sticky Notes. However, when I tried this it did not work; the colour stubbornly remained as black.

Is it possible to do this?

Agrippa, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Changeing text colour.

• Hi i am Carla,i have a problem,i want to change the text colour in my chat window,but when i click on it it dose not show me any colours to choose from,and i want to change the text colour on my screen from green to another
      colour and do not know how to do it. I have Windows 10.

carlajohnson, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Decko44 Win User

MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change

Cannot change page background colour from the toolbar

Office 2007 loaded ok. However in using word the page background is black and the text is white when trying to change page colour to white from the toolbar nothing happens it will not change to any other colour?

I have tried loading Works and the word program in that is the same 'Black background and white text impossible to change?
    Office 2007 installed on another computer running windows 10 and works fine?

Decko44, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change

1. MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change - Similar Threads - Word Text Selection

2. Background color of selected text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background color of selected text: In Windows and many applications, the contrast between the background color and the color of selected text and other items e.g. emails in Outlook is very poor. I am not ready to go to the full high-contrast mode not old enough yet!. How would I change the background color...
  3. Selection Text in MS Word is in black instead of grey/light blue

Selection Text in MS Word is in black instead of grey/light blue: Whenver I select a text not hightlight it turned to pure black instead of the default grey/light blue selection. I already tried reinstalling, turning off speech recognition and repairing office 365, but still the same....
  4. change background colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change background colour: when I am doing a dark jigsaw, it is difficult to see when the background is also dark, I can't change the background colour because that command is not highlighted. how do I highlight, I have already uninstalled and re installed, does not see to work....
  5. Changing print background colour

Changing print background colour: When I try to print a form I get a black background with white writing. How do I change the background colour so that I get a white background with black writing?...
  6. monitor text and background colours

monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  7. Change Folder Background Colour

Change Folder Background Colour: How to change Folder Background Colour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-folder-background-colour/1ad34827-a83d-4f7b-afa6-3b7e1cc91499
  8. Change background colour settings

Change background colour settings: How do I change the background colour so that the pages are not black with white text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-background-colour-settings/f468001b-34f2-435c-a69c-dd7a9c20e229
  9. Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app.: I am looking at the MS Sticky Notes app as a replacement for 3M Post-It Notes app which is giving me trouble at the moment. What I would like to do in Sticky Notes is to change the colour of various selected pieces of text (which you can do in Post-It Notes). I have found...
  10. Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour: Before W10 I could go into the area now called 'Personalize' and after rummaging around I could find an 'Advanced' button that took me to a screen where I could use a colour palette to change the default background colour of documents and it would apply to Outlook, Excel,...