Windows 10: MS Works 9.0 calendar reminder pop up not working.

Discus and support MS Works 9.0 calendar reminder pop up not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While Works on the whole is fine I'm having problems with the he reminder function, even though the reminder exe is listed in the correct places it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bastet, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Bastet Win User

MS Works 9.0 calendar reminder pop up not working.

While Works on the whole is fine I'm having problems with the he reminder function, even though the reminder exe is listed in the correct places it doesn't produce a pop up at the time of the reminder, I've set it to 15 mins & 30 mins before to test it & nothing.
    Opening up works calendar doesn't pop up the reminder either but manually opening the reminder does work.
    When I first install it works fine until I restart the laptop then it stops working.
    Anything I can look for or do to fix this?
    Tia.

:)

Bastet, Aug 9, 2016
  2. GRWag Win User

Windows 10 Mobile calendar notification bug

Windows 10 Mobile 950XL phone - Ever since the last major update (Creator's update?), I've had an issue with my "pop-up" calendar reminders not working. It appeared to be very random in terms of which reminders would pop-up, and which wouldn't. They were
    not specific to just recurring or single calendar items, they were not specific to whether the calendar item was created on my phone or on my PC via my Live account, they were not specific to one of my Live accounts (I have two), and they were not specific
    to whether the calendar item was created before or after the phone was updated (as well as an ensuing hard reset).

However, I finally figured out the commonality regarding calendar items where the pop-up reminder would work vs. where it wouldn't work. If the calendar item also had an e-mail reminder turned on, that e-mail reminder would work but then the "pop-up" reminder
    on the phone would eventually be turned off before it reached the time when it was supposed to "pop-up".

How can this issue be shared with the dev/testing team responsible for the calendar on the Windows 10 Mobile platform so that they can fix it?

**The "Topics" was edited for clarity by the moderator.**

GRWag, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Kate R813 Win User
    No longer receiving calendar reminders

Hi,

Thank you for the response. Yes. They are in the right calendar. I can view the calendar from my pc and they are set to the correct time (as in my phone too). It's just on my phone, the actual reminder does not pop up to snooze or dismiss. If I am on my
    pc, the reminder pops up. I think there is something wrong with my phone. On the phone, the calendar works as well, but no reminder pops up, so periodically, I have to review my calendar so I don't miss any reminder. I hope I am making sense. I appreciate
    any help.

kr

Kate R813, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

MS Works 9.0 calendar reminder pop up not working.

1. MS Works 9.0 calendar reminder pop up not working. - Similar Threads - Works calendar reminder

2. How to get reminders to pop up on screen from Calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get reminders to pop up on screen from Calendar: I have Windows 10 on a new computer. Recently entered several items in the included Calendar app The Windows accessory, not Outlook. I set them to give me a reminder. However, when the time came, there was no reminder. Note - I read an earlier entry that said I needed...
  3. Pop up reminders

Pop up reminders: How can I get reminders in a calendar program to pop up over other open programs? I use Efficient Reminders in Windows 10. I made it work in my old computer 5 years ago but have forgotten how....
  4. Outlook 2019 Calendar Reminders not popping up on top of other windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2019 Calendar Reminders not popping up on top of other windows: Hi All, does anyone have a solution, or can recommend a fix so that my Outlook 2019 Calendar Reminders will stay on top of all other windows until closed or snoozed! Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Marcus 145238
  5. Outlook 2019 Calendar Reminders not popping up on top of other windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2019 Calendar Reminders not popping up on top of other windows: Hi All, does anyone have a solution, or can recommend a fix so that my Outlook 2019 Calendar Reminders will stay on top of all other windows until closed or snoozed! Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Marcus 145238
  6. Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours: Hello people, I'm trying to update Windows 10 from 1809 to 1903. The downloading phase was quick, installation took well over 7 hours and now I'm at the restarting stage. The blue screen says working on updates 0% for 9hours. I was wondering whether these astronomical...
  7. Reminders not working

in Cortana
    Reminders not working: I have a Windows Lynx Vision tablet, since the Windows 10 update a have a few bugs, firstly my reminders are not working or alerting me, secondly Cortana is unable to hear me and says "it may be a mic problem." Fan somebody help me please :)...
  8. how to get windows 10 calendar reminders to pop up

how to get windows 10 calendar reminders to pop up: how to get windows 10 calendar reminders to pop up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-windows-10-calendar-reminders-to-pop-up/fcecd271-09b9-4eb2-86d4-816f2eb656ed
  9. Can't Get Rid of Microsoft Works Calendar Reminder

Can't Get Rid of Microsoft Works Calendar Reminder: I'm running Windows 10 on my new HP laptop and I can't get rid of the Microsoft Works Calendar Reminder. The laptop will suddenly slow down to a crawl, and when I go to Task Manager and look to see what's going on, I discover that the Microsoft Works Calendar Reminder is...
  10. Reminders not working

Reminders not working: I am on windows 10 Pro 10586.63 with all updates applied. Whether through Cortana or by keyboard, the data is accepted but when I hit the REMIND button it comes back with an error message saying the reminder can't be placed. I did a lot searching here and on google and...