Windows 10: MSASCuiL.exe hidden, not verified and without a timestamp?

Discus and support MSASCuiL.exe hidden, not verified and without a timestamp? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After there was suspected RAT on my pc, I loaded up Autoruns and noticed something that wasn’t there the last time I used it.. I know that MSASCuiL.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/th3n3wm3m3, Sep 13, 2020.

1. MSASCuiL.exe hidden, not verified and without a timestamp?

After there was suspected RAT on my pc, I loaded up Autoruns and noticed something that wasn’t there the last time I used it.. I know that MSASCuiL.exe is a component of Windows Defender, but I don’t ever recall it being a yellow entry in Autoruns. It says File not found: “C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCuiL.exe”

Any help?

submitted by /u/th3n3wm3m3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/th3n3wm3m3, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

what is MSASCuil

Hi HARILAXMI

where are you seeing MSASCuil?

which version of windows 10 are you running?

settings -> system -> about

what is listed under windows specifications?

msascuil (Microsoft Antivirus Security Centre User Interface Logo) was responsible for the icon appearing on the taskbar system tray, but apparently was later incorporated into the windows security health service and SecurityHealthSystray.exe.

Martmcd, Sep 13, 2020
  3. HARILAXMI Win User
    what is MSASCuil

what is MSASCuil ,what happens if it is disabled

HARILAXMI, Sep 13, 2020
  4. MSASCuiL.exe hidden, not verified and without a timestamp?

When does the Operating system verify the Authenticode Signatures for signed EXEs and signed DLLs?

When PE Files (exes, dlls etc.) are code signed using signtool, they can be verified to check if they have been authored by trusted publishers. In which scenarios does the Operating system actually verify signed EXEs and DLLs?

1. Are signatures of EXEs verified every time they are run?
    2. If an EXE has a dynamically linked DLL, is the DLL's signature verified when the EXE is run?
    3. If the EXE dynamically loads a DLL using LoadLibrary, is the DLL's signature verified when the EXE is run?
    4. When an EXE requires elevated privilege (UAC), is the signature of the EXE and the DLL dependencies verified as well? (1-3)
    If this questions belongs in a different category or community, please let me know. Thanks.

SaswatOnXPS, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

MSASCuiL.exe hidden, not verified and without a timestamp?

1. MSASCuiL.exe hidden, not verified and without a timestamp? - Similar Threads - MSASCuiL exe hidden

2. Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000: Thank you for your reply. I have uploaded the blue screen file to Baidu Cloud disk, please check, thank you! DMP file sharing address link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1spMpJaLQGpZfeaSrZDwa3gExtraction code:...
  3. WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21306.1007 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [D:\Desktop\\031022-19218-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable search...
  4. WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21306.1007 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [D:\Desktop\\031022-19218-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable search...
  5. WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 11 Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys: Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\010122-16843-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableCan't set dump file contextsMachineInfo::SetContext failed - Thread: 00000238BC0FEA20 Handle: 9 Id: 9 - Error == 0x8000FFFF************* Path...
  7. The timestamp signature and/or certificate could not be verified or is malformed

in Windows 10 News
    The timestamp signature and/or certificate could not be verified or is malformed: [ATTACH]While installing a .NET Framework on your computer, if you get The timestamp signature and/or certificate could not be verified or is malformed error, you can check out these solutions to get rid of this problem. It may also happen while opening or updating some...
  8. WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys: I have been getting BSODs recently after I replaced mobo, GPU, NVME, cooling system and PSU.I have done MEMtest all good no error. Ran DriverVerifier to stress test third party driver with no issues.Below are bugcheck analysis:DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER f7 A driver has...
  9. MSASCuil

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSASCuil: Hi my pc been acting funny for a while and idk what happened. Basically i logged in then found a black screen so i oppened task manager and it crashed. After a few days i tried again and it worked. I opened task manager and went to start up and found MSASCuil, it didn't have...
  10. MSASCuiL?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSASCuiL?: Heyo people, I've recently got a Windows machine, please bear with me (mac user of long time), and one thing I've noticed is that the only item I do not identify on my startup items is MSASCuiL, searching online people mention that is the old Windows Defender but it could...