Windows 10: mscie.exe complained could not find files to uninstall winzip

Discus and support mscie.exe complained could not find files to uninstall winzip in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so i installed rivo uninstaller and i got it removed. winzip started acting weird, so i decided to get rid of it. would not unzip a zip file. after i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sdowney717, May 6, 2019.

1. mscie.exe complained could not find files to uninstall winzip

so i installed rivo uninstaller and i got it removed. winzip started acting weird, so i decided to get rid of it. would not unzip a zip file. after i uninstalledwinzip , the regular builtin unzip in file explorer worked again. But why could i not uninstall thru programs in windows?

:)

sdowney717, May 6, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

WinZip

Hi Paul

No WinZip is not a virus, it is a legitimate application, and it is not free . . .

However, it does come down and install itself by hiding with other applications you install

You don't need WinZip on your PC, because Windows natively supports Zip files, so the best option is to uninstall it . . .

Open the Settings App, go to Apps, then find WinZip in the list of installed Apps and uninstall it from there . .

DaveM121, May 6, 2019
  3. WinZip updater

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

WinZip is a third party software which help you use as a extractor for the files. Requirement depends on the file types you use for extracting the files.

If you are facing any issues, please post us what exact issue are you facing?

If you are trying to remove it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and Features.
    • Select the WinZip app or the updater and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and check if it is removed.
    If you have any further queries regarding the product, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer of the product for further more information.

THIRD PARTY DISCLAIMER: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use
    of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 6, 2019
  4. Dark Ride Win User

mscie.exe complained could not find files to uninstall winzip

WinZip 10.0 Final

The ever popular archiving tool WinZip has reached version 10.

About WinZip:
    • The most popular compression utility for Windows, with more than 150 million downloads
    • Save storage space, dramatically reduce e-mail transmission time, and efficiently archive documents
    • Protect your sensitive data with AES encryption
    • Easy-to-use and powerful user interface: the intuitive WinZip Wizard for first-time users and the award-winning WinZip Classic interface for power users
    Download (5.6 MB)

Dark Ride, May 6, 2019
Thema:

mscie.exe complained could not find files to uninstall winzip

1. mscie.exe complained could not find files to uninstall winzip - Similar Threads - mscie exe complained

2. Winzip won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winzip won't uninstall: I do not want Winzip but when I try and Unistall it it won't disappear. I do not share my computer with anyone I am a sole person, it is not outdated and it will no go away and I an constantly being sent requests to buy it. This is a recent issue with a trial period .IT it...
  3. Winzip won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winzip won't uninstall: I do not want Winzip but when I try and Unistall it it won't disappear. I do not share my computer with anyone I am a sole person, it is not outdated and it will no go away and I an constantly being sent requests to buy it. This is a recent issue with a trial period .IT it...
  4. WinZip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinZip files: Do I have to spend 30 dollars to open WinZip files?thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip-files/1486e267-4fd0-4fc7-9b86-184c0c7288eb
  5. WinZip files

WinZip files: Do I have to spend 30 dollars to open WinZip files?thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip-files/1486e267-4fd0-4fc7-9b86-184c0c7288eb
  6. Could not open exe and DLL files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not open exe and DLL files: Hi everyone Someone gave me bunch of exe and DLL file and unfortunately my system is not able to open them.I've tried to solve it but still is showing me two different errors for different files.These are the errors:1.Class not registered.You need the following file to be...
  7. Could not open exe and DLL files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not open exe and DLL files: Hi everyone Someone gave me bunch of exe and DLL file and unfortunately my system is not able to open them.I've tried to solve it but still is showing me two different errors for different files.These are the errors:1.Class not registered.You need the following file to be...
  8. Could not open exe and DLL files

9. Uninstalling an app call WinZip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling an app call WinZip: When I try to uninstall this app it tells me I do not have the file and I cannot access any of my files because the App is trying to get me to register an account when I know I will either getting charged or get a virus. A picture of the screen Will be provided when I press...
  10. Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10: Just woke one morning after what I assume was a system update (had my computer offer me the option to update and shut down last night, but not today) to see a whole swath of programs (that still have their .exe file in their location) give me that error. In some help forums...