Windows 10: MSCOMCT2.OCX AND MSCOMCTL.OCX NOT SHOWING UP IN THE ADDITIONAL CONTROLS DIALOGBOX

Discus and support MSCOMCT2.OCX AND MSCOMCTL.OCX NOT SHOWING UP IN THE ADDITIONAL CONTROLS DIALOGBOX in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have installed the mscomct2.ocx and mscomctl.ocx on my pc but non is showing up in the additional controls dialog box. I registered the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anthony Blee, Jan 18, 2020.

1. MSCOMCT2.OCX AND MSCOMCTL.OCX NOT SHOWING UP IN THE ADDITIONAL CONTROLS DIALOGBOX

Hello, I have installed the mscomct2.ocx and mscomctl.ocx on my pc but non is showing up in the additional controls dialog box. I registered the two controls. After the registration I received a message which read "registration successful". Kindly help me on what to do next.

Anthony Blee

:)

Anthony Blee, Jan 18, 2020

2. VB6 will not load MSCOMCT2.OCX on Windows 7 64-bit

I am trying to transfer an old item of VB6 software from a (broken) Windows XP system to a 64-bit Windows 7 system, but I am having problems getting the IDE to load mscomct2.ocx in order to rebuild the program.

On selecting it from the Components dialog, I get a simple message saying "'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx' could not be loaded". Other modules, such as mscomctl.ocx, appear to load without error.

The new system is running 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

The new system has VB6 SP6 on. The mscomct2.ocx module in SysWOW64 has been successfully registered. The IDE is running as Administrator.

The mscomct2.ocx that I have on the new system is file version 6.1.97.82 (product version 6.01.9782) and is 646KB.

I have looked in various forums across the Internet but none of the suggested fixes seem applicable.

TonyProctor1, Jan 18, 2020
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Unable to register mscomct2

I copied mscomct2.ocx to c:\windows\system32.

In the ...system32 folder I typed:

regsvr32 mscomct2.

But got an error:

The module "mscomct2.ocx" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path.....

The ocx is in the system32 folder.

Also run Command Prompt as Administrator.

James

JamesJoey, Jan 18, 2020
  4. MSCOMCT2.OCX AND MSCOMCTL.OCX NOT SHOWING UP IN THE ADDITIONAL CONTROLS DIALOGBOX

VB6 will not load MSCOMCT2.OCX on Windows 7 64-bit

I guess there are no experts left for this area. MSCOMCT2.OCX AND MSCOMCTL.OCX NOT SHOWING UP IN THE ADDITIONAL CONTROLS DIALOGBOX :)

The cause was not obvious, but UAC settings definitely had an effect. As I said in the original post, VB6.EXE was running as Administrator, but it was also running in XP compatibility mode (forgot to say that) which is an acknowledged requirement.

Setting my UAC level to the bottom (Never Notify) and rebooting the machine made the IDE error disappear, although it had still occurred (quietly) because the relevant classes of the control (e.g. DTPicker) were inaccessible and it wouldn't compile. Oddly,
    though, restarting the IDE made it work.

I couldn't believe this as I had made no changes in between. I pushed my UAC level back up a notch and rebooted. The error came back, so I lowered it back to the bottom setting and everything seemed to work OK the next time.

I don't understand this. If anyone else tries to follow my sequencing then don't be alarmed if you find occasionally that the IDE won't uncheck mscomct2.ocx from the Control list because it is "in use". The symptoms seemed to vary as I made these changes,
    and when I tried to reproduce things to publish a write-up here, nothing seemed to behave as it did the first time.

I am now running with UAC at its lowest level and mscomct2.ocx loads OK in the IDE. As far as I can see, this was the only control that was experiencing this issue -- the code uses quite a few others and they were loaded OK by the IDE.

I hope someone else finds this valuable. Without an explanation, I am still a little concerned

TonyProctor1, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

MSCOMCT2.OCX AND MSCOMCTL.OCX NOT SHOWING UP IN THE ADDITIONAL CONTROLS DIALOGBOX

1. MSCOMCT2.OCX AND MSCOMCTL.OCX NOT SHOWING UP IN THE ADDITIONAL CONTROLS DIALOGBOX - Similar Threads - MSCOMCT2 OCX MSCOMCTL

2. CMDLG32.OCX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMDLG32.OCX: I need the following file: COMDLG32.OCX Can I get this file from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmdlg32ocx/19b13c05-f88b-4e60-809e-f5724372d8ed
  3. COMCTL32.ocx error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    COMCTL32.ocx error: Hi , I am getting component "COMCTL32.ocx" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid.i tired all the options in search.registering COMCTL32.ocx ,Downloaded new file and registered again and other options still getting same issue.Please...
  4. mscomct2.ocx windows 10 missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mscomct2.ocx windows 10 missing: I've gone through all of the forums I can find and I cannot for the life of me find a fix for this solution. I keep getting a popup every time I turn my computer on that tells me the file is missing or corrupted. I can't find any suitable downloads to fix the problem. I am...
  5. DBGRID32.OCX and GRID32.OCX under windows 10

DBGRID32.OCX and GRID32.OCX under windows 10: I have recently started using windows 10 and need to install DBGRID32.OCX and GRID32.OCX for VB6. The versions of these OCXs I have previously used to not appear to work, I.e. I get the message "The module ... was loaded but the entry-point was not found. Make sure that ......
  6. COMDLG32.OCX missing

COMDLG32.OCX missing: Hi, I was trying to run a program, but it says that COMDLG32.OCX is missing. Looking for answers, I couldn't find one that solves the issue as it is missing from SysWOW64 and Sys32 as trying to register the file results in a message saying it can't be found and it isn't...
  7. MSCOMM32.OCX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSCOMM32.OCX: Dear Admin, I would like to use MSCOMM32.OCX to communicate my excel with an Arduino board by serial port. I did it a lot of time easily on different laptops but now, I have a problem. OS is x-64 based Win10 home single language 10.0.18362 on AMD A6-6220, office is...
  8. OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10

OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10: I HAVE A PROGRAM CREATED WITH VB6 USING SOME OCX ACCESSING DATA. AFTER INSTALLATION ON NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10, THE OCX CAN NOT RETREIVE DATA FROM THE ACCESS DATABASE. THE OCX ARE SHERIDAN DBCOMBO. I WANT TO FIX THIS,SOME ONE HELP?...
  9. comdlg32.ocx

comdlg32.ocx: I have a program in VB6. When I try to run it, I get an error relating to comctl32.ocx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/comdlg32ocx/bfb84ace-e390-4cd1-984f-4e13640c2ad9
  10. COMCTL32.OCX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COMCTL32.OCX: Where can I download COMCTL32.OCX, Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/comctl32ocx/b51613e2-e032-45ac-b4cf-2b8e58c2096e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mscomct2 on additional controls

2. mscomm32.ocx additional file