Windows 10: MSCOMCTL.OCX Not Registered

Discus and support MSCOMCTL.OCX Not Registered in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ive been trying to install my copy of DVD-RB something ive not used on this Win10 pc since i upgraded from WIN 7 But when i try to run it i get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gbu, Jun 15, 2017.

1. GBU
    gbu Win User

MSCOMCTL.OCX Not Registered

Ive been trying to install my copy of DVD-RB something ive not used on this Win10 pc since i upgraded from WIN 7

But when i try to run it i get this message(image attached)

Ive tried this method from Microsoft but still no joy.
    Any help greatly appreciated

:)

2. mscomctl.ocx in Windows 10 no longer will load

It's not simply a matter of registering it. Here's what I know so far:

Apparently Microsoft has created a new version of MSCOMCTL.OCX that is now distributed with some office products (such as MS Access). When installed it can be found in the folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\SystemX86 and is version
    7.0.52.6282 dated 9/3/2017.

Moving this to the location where the VB6 IDE wants it (c:\windows\SysWOW64) will now allow the VB6 IDE to work but you must have already registered the previous version with regsvr32. If you try to register the new version you get an error. Also - in
    the components view of the VB6 IDE you get TWO copies of MSCOMCTL.OCX - but at least the VB6 IDE continues to work.

You CANNOT distribute the newer version of MSCOMCTL.OCX (the 7.x version) because it will fail to register. So you must be careful to redistribute an older copy of MSCOMCTL.OCX.

Obviously this is messed up.

It looks like a Windows 10 Update has broken the MSCOMCTL.OCX for the VB6 IDE only.

Daniel Desjardins (dan.desjardins), Jun 15, 2017
  3. mscomctl.ocx issue

Me
    "MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered : a file is missing or invalid." Facing this issue in many applications

C 4 InfrastructuresPvt. Ltd., Jun 15, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Is the file actually in that folder?

Samuria, Jun 15, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    Did you install "DVD-RB" from Windows 10 or Windows 7?

If you installed it when you had Windows 7, uninstall it, restart the computer, and re-install it.
    Or did you just try to install it right now, with Windows 10?

pepanee, Jun 15, 2017
  6. GBU
    gbu Win User
    @Samuria No the file is not there

@pepanee This was a fresh install of DVD-RB onto WIN10

7. Samuria Win User
    If the file isn't there it won't work you need to put the file in that folder it won't work in any other folder

Samuria, Jun 15, 2017
  8. GBU
    gbu Win User

Where do i find that file in order to put it in there?

Have found it online and all registered and working many thanks

Thema:

1. MSCOMCTL.OCX Not Registered - Similar Threads - MSCOMCTL OCX Registered

2. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  3. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  4. Run-time error 339 - component comctl32.ocx not correctly registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Run-time error 339 - component comctl32.ocx not correctly registered: Hi, starting a VB6.0 program in W10 I get this "run-time error 339"-report, The opening screen is ok, but as soon as I try to start one of my menus I get this report. It further says "one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." Can...
  5. Registering an OCX file fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registering an OCX file fails: I have been trying to register on OCX file on a Windows 10 64 bit system. I keep getting the following error message The module mshflxgd.ocx failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent...
  6. Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build

Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build: Hi all, I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise version with latest 1909 build, from then the DLLs and OCXs of my application are not registering. I'm facing the issue"The module xxxx.dll may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you are running.Check if the...
  7. using regsvr32 to register ocx file

using regsvr32 to register ocx file: using regsvr32 to register Msflxgrd.ocx I get error 08002801c how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-regsvr32-to-register-ocx-file/9b1fa2bb-ca51-4c34-89a2-670eb9e48548
  8. Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is...: Original title: Run-time error 339 I keep receiving run-time error 339 when I try to open a program that has been installed on my laptop. The error states that "Component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." The...
  9. Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is...: ORIGINAL TITLE: Comctl32.ocx Hi, I'm trying to run a program on my computer but it says 'Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid'. I've seen this topic on the forum before and read your answers to these...
  10. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files: This works but is not run with the admin flag thus it dose not work in 10.... Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files Can someone update this so it works in win10? 63680
Tags: