Windows 10: Msconfig and command prompt, problems

Discus and support Msconfig and command prompt, problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here's a secret: Right click on the little Windows flag in the lower left, and you see a menu with many commands, control panel, run [dialog box] and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikewarren1, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Msconfig and command prompt, problems

Here's a secret: Right click on the little Windows flag in the lower left, and you see a menu with many commands, control panel, run [dialog box] and more. Click run and type 'msconfig' as many people know, there are three types of startups. Under another one of the tabs there is a option called 'alternative shell'. So mistakenly while diagnosing or troubleshooting my HP Laptop, I selected that; I ended up at command prompt and did not know what to do. Now I cannot get out of the win/system32> command prompt at all. Some one told me how to get to advanced startup, but that would basically mean going through Reset process, which takes hours. What should I do now?*Mad

:)

mikewarren1, Mar 23, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

automatic startup repair failed

As far as I know you cannot repair/reset an msconfig setting from a Command Window in the repair Environment, however check out

THIS ARTICLE
    which does give you a method of repairing/replacing msconfig . . .

Just ignore how he is getting into Command Prompt and go to Command Prompt from the Repair Environment

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Mar 23, 2017
  3. My Windows 10 Sign-In Option Wouldn't Appear

The best thing for any sign-in problem is doing clean msconfig boots in Safe Mode. it's a great repair and a perfect maintenance chore. Unfortunately, the command prompt in the Windows10 recovery Screens do not use msconfig or another command that I
    know of to get you into Safe Mode and fix the sign-in! Microsoft merely needs a command screen that can utilize such a command. A little modification will make an entirely more stable operating system!

StephenPlunkett, Mar 23, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Msconfig and command prompt, problems

Welcome to TenForums @mikewarren1

The Alternative shell is available on msconfig's Boot tab, and is greyed out unless you select Safe Boot. Basically you have selected 'Safe Boot to Command Prompt'.

Thankfully you can launch Msconfig from the command prompt, just type MSCONFIG and hit Enter. Now you can untick 'Safe Boot' and you should be back to normal.

Thema:

Msconfig and command prompt, problems

1. Msconfig and command prompt, problems - Similar Threads - Msconfig command prompt

2. Install Problems in Command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Problems in Command prompt: whenever I try to install anything from cmd it says 'install' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Please Help me asap. Thank You Panav...
  3. Problem with command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with command prompt: the command prompt told me that it can't find the desktop, I don't know what to do. I need to run a python file but it continue to say that it can't find the directory of the file. After that I try to move the file to the desktop and now it says that it can't find it...
  4. Windows stuck in safe mode - command prompt not recognising msconfig or bcdedit...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows stuck in safe mode - command prompt not recognising msconfig or bcdedit...: Can someone please help me? I wanted to restart my computer after running a virus check, installing Teams and a new version of Cyberlink cam and my computer somehow went into safe mode. I have not been able to get it running again. I have looked online for suggestions and...
  5. Can you access msconfig via command prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you access msconfig via command prompt?: Hi, Is there a command to issue in command prompt that opens msconfig or is there a command that changes msconfig start up to "selective" or "normal"? My laptop is win 10 ver 1909. It's stopped booting into windows after I changed the start up in msconfig from...
  6. command prompt problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    command prompt problem: when I click to cmd prompt it is not opening and it is showing shortcut file which is not opening please solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-problem/a8182e7b-7699-4dc2-9339-8bded7bd6c35
  7. Command Prompt Scrolling Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Scrolling Problem: I just noticed on a new HP laptop that I can't scroll back many lines. See below - the command powercfg /query generates many lines but the scroll bar on the right doesn't let me go back very far. Any ideas? [img] 139057
  8. Admin Command Prompt Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Command Prompt Problem: So i got a game but it seems it can't find D3d11.dll. So i look on the internet to see how i can fix it myself. One idea said i should run sfc /scannow. I went on the admin command prompt, i can't type anything on it. It also automatically move to the top right of my screen...
  9. command prompt problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    command prompt problem: Hi guys the opacity slider it's gray Please, what is the solution [img] 17498
  10. Like to have command prompt , msconfig, and Regedit pinned to Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Like to have command prompt , msconfig, and Regedit pinned to Start: Hello Shawn am gradually getting there the settings and navigating them are not so hard as when I started using the default GUI on the main laptop. However as I used to in 7 I would like to have the command prompt , msconfig, and Regedit pinned on the Start menu as I do in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some one has gone in to command prompt and changed who the admin is

2. start msconfig under command prompt