Windows 10: MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order

Discus and support MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In MSCONFIG Boot Tab is possible, change the order of the boot selection that appear when the system turns on ? Thank Hispa 168983 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Nov 23, 2020.

1. hispanico Win User

MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order

In MSCONFIG Boot Tab is possible, change the order of the boot selection that appear when the system turns on ?

Thank
    Hispa

:)

hispanico, Nov 23, 2020
  2. mcomp72 Win User

No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

I recently upgraded my SSD from a 500 GB drive to a 1 TB drive. I cloned the drive with Arocnis True Image 2016. It seemed to work, but then it wouldn't boot up. I followed some instructions I found on another forum about how to repair the bcd (booting up using the Windows 10 USB stick and going into the command prompt and running several commands), and that worked. The computer now boots up. However, I have now noticed that there is no listing under the MSConfig boot tab. Also, I don't know if System Restore is working - under C:, it says (Missing). See attached screenshots. I am not sure what to do now. I need to boot into Safe Mode, but I can't select Safe Mode in MSConfig because there is nothing listed under the Boot tab. It seems likely that whatever I did at the command prompt has messed things up. Anyone have any idea how I would fix this?

MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order [​IMG]

mcomp72, Nov 23, 2020
  3. mcomp72 Win User
    No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

I was unable to convert the system reserved partition into FAT32. I could not figure out how. I found instructions on how to convert FAT32 to NTFS, but not the other way around. Am I dead in the water without being able to do this? Would I need to format the drive and do a fresh install of Windows 10 in order to make that partition be FAT32?

I actually had a USB stick with Macrium on it already, so I went ahead and booted up with it, just to see what would happen. Here is a screenshot.

Note: the D drive is a secondary internal drive, but I never boot from it.

I clicked on Recovery, and was able to select the C drive in regards to where Windows was installed. However, when it asked me what partition the computer should boot from, it only listed my D drive.

Also, when I was in BIOS, I noticed that there is now another Windows Boot Manager listing. It looks slightly different than the other five that were already there, because it actually lists the name of the drive in parentheses.

I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Can you recommend a way to convert my NTFS partition into FAT32?

mcomp72, Nov 23, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Need some help here with a boot error in Windows Vista.

msconfig.

boot tab.

highlight OS listing.

Delete.

Apply. Restart.

cadaveca, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order - Similar Threads - MSCONFIG Boot Tab

2. The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot: Hi, I do need some help. This problem started when I converted my disk from MBR to GPT using paragon partition manager. Basically, I wanna upgrade my win 10 to win 11. Apparently, the upgrade failed 0x800703ee. after reading many articles, I just try to solve the problem by...
  3. The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot: Hi, I do need some help. This problem started when I converted my disk from MBR to GPT using paragon partition manager. Basically, I wanna upgrade my win 10 to win 11. Apparently, the upgrade failed 0x800703ee. after reading many articles, I just try to solve the problem by...
  4. The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?: I run Windows 7 and opensuse Linux.I had to remove Windows 10, it got to big,vand slow to start and run.So I deleted it’s partition.msconfig in Windows 7 boot still shows both OS’s. Windows 7 is set as default.In a multi boot system is it safe to delete the Windows 10 boot...
  6. msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?: I run Windows 7 and opensuse Linux.I had to remove Windows 10, it got to big,vand slow to start and run.So I deleted it’s partition.msconfig in Windows 7 boot still shows both OS’s. Windows 7 is set as default.In a multi boot system is it safe to delete the Windows 10 boot...
  7. how to change boot order

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change boot order: Hi, I currently have 2 bootable windows 10 hdds, 1 on C drive, 1 on E drive, currently when i restart the comp it boots into E: with C: as a secondary, however i want it to be the other way around boot to C: with E: as secondary. I tried swicthing the sata cables but it still...
  8. Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab: For as long as I can remember the General tab in MSCONFIG always had the Selective Startup option checked with the Use original boot configuration not checked as follows. [img] When I check the Use original boot configuration option the default switches to Normal startup...
  9. Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Boot Order: Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I...
  10. No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do: I recently upgraded my SSD from a 500 GB drive to a 1 TB drive. I cloned the drive with Arocnis True Image 2016. It seemed to work, but then it wouldn't boot up. I followed some instructions I found on another forum about how to repair the bcd (booting up using the Windows 10...