Windows 10: msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?

Discus and support msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I run Windows 7 and opensuse Linux.I had to remove Windows 10, it got to big,vand slow to start and run.So I deleted it’s partition.msconfig in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BillL1230, Jun 25, 2022.

1. BillL1230 Win User

msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?

I run Windows 7 and opensuse Linux.I had to remove Windows 10, it got to big,vand slow to start and run.So I deleted it’s partition.msconfig in Windows 7 boot still shows both OS’s. Windows 7 is set as default.In a multi boot system is it safe to delete the Windows 10 boot tab entry?

:)

BillL1230, Jun 25, 2022

2. System no longer boots after msconfig Safe Mode setting

I am on Windows 10 Education and I was having difficulty entering Safe Mode. The system would not boot and I had to hit the power button to turn the system off and on again so it would start up normally. I decided to try going into Safe Mode with msconfig and now the system no longer boots period. I have tried disconnecting all SATA drives and still nothing. The fans and lights come on but the system never boots. Nothing appears on any monitor. I am faced now with an msconfig setting I need to change with no way to change it because the system no longer boots and I don't know how deep the issue goes to fix it. Do I need to replace the motherboard and hard drive? I have no idea.

PrettyDesperate, Jun 25, 2022
  3. hispanico Win User
    MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order

In MSCONFIG Boot Tab is possible, change the order of the boot selection that appear when the system turns on ?

Thank
    Hispa

hispanico, Jun 25, 2022
  4. mcomp72 Win User

No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

I recently upgraded my SSD from a 500 GB drive to a 1 TB drive. I cloned the drive with Arocnis True Image 2016. It seemed to work, but then it wouldn't boot up. I followed some instructions I found on another forum about how to repair the bcd (booting up using the Windows 10 USB stick and going into the command prompt and running several commands), and that worked. The computer now boots up. However, I have now noticed that there is no listing under the MSConfig boot tab. Also, I don't know if System Restore is working - under C:, it says (Missing). See attached screenshots. I am not sure what to do now. I need to boot into Safe Mode, but I can't select Safe Mode in MSConfig because there is nothing listed under the Boot tab. It seems likely that whatever I did at the command prompt has messed things up. Anyone have any idea how I would fix this?

msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system? [​IMG]

msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system? [​IMG]

mcomp72, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

1. msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system? - Similar Threads - msconfig boot tab

2. The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot: Hi, I do need some help. This problem started when I converted my disk from MBR to GPT using paragon partition manager. Basically, I wanna upgrade my win 10 to win 11. Apparently, the upgrade failed 0x800703ee. after reading many articles, I just try to solve the problem by...
  3. The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot: Hi, I do need some help. This problem started when I converted my disk from MBR to GPT using paragon partition manager. Basically, I wanna upgrade my win 10 to win 11. Apparently, the upgrade failed 0x800703ee. after reading many articles, I just try to solve the problem by...
  4. The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?: I run Windows 7 and opensuse Linux.I had to remove Windows 10, it got to big,vand slow to start and run.So I deleted it’s partition.msconfig in Windows 7 boot still shows both OS’s. Windows 7 is set as default.In a multi boot system is it safe to delete the Windows 10 boot...
  6. Safe Mode unavailable and System Configuration boot tab inoperable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode unavailable and System Configuration boot tab inoperable: Hello All I need some technical advice to resolve an issue where safe mode is inoperable on my windows installation, and the only information I have available as to what could be wrong is an error code d000000f. I encountered that error code after trying to manually...
  7. MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order: In MSCONFIG Boot Tab is possible, change the order of the boot selection that appear when the system turns on ? Thank Hispa 168983
  8. Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab: For as long as I can remember the General tab in MSCONFIG always had the Selective Startup option checked with the Use original boot configuration not checked as follows. [img] When I check the Use original boot configuration option the default switches to Normal startup...
  9. Safely Remove Hardware, no longer shows safe to do.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware, no longer shows safe to do.: My Safely to Remove Hardware Icon is displayed on Taskbar. Clicking Icon, shows all hardware connected. Clicking the required hardware to be closed, now no longer shows caption that it is safe to do so. This stopped after the last close down of computer....
  10. Booted in safe mode using msconfig (with network option) and local/user password no longer...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Booted in safe mode using msconfig (with network option) and local/user password no longer...: I have the same problem as JeffRuddy, posted 2nd Feb 2017 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security-winpc/password-wont-work-after-entering-safe-mode/e49c6796-1274-4e19-870f-c91ed04c61ef I think this may be a Windows 10 bug. I have spoken to...