Windows 10: msconfig doesn't save changes

Discus and support msconfig doesn't save changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to edit some settings in the msconfig but when I click apply and ok it doesn't prompt me to restart the computer and when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ramicoo, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Ramicoo Win User

msconfig doesn't save changes

Hello,

I'm trying to edit some settings in the msconfig but when I click apply and ok it doesn't prompt me to restart the computer and when I open it back the settings are back to default.. I tried couple of things I found on the net like running System Configuration as administrator and give full control to my account it it's security right click tab, but they didn't work for me.. -.-

I'm using win10 pro, please is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

:)

Ramicoo, Oct 3, 2016

2. Cannot save MSconfig settings

Original Title: About Msconfig save settings

My msconfig in win 10 can't save any setting at all, It only save setting for 2 categories: Load system services and load startup settings

When I change some thing in msconfig, the apply button won't bright up to save setting, I've tried many ways, even click in make all boot setting is permanent, but when I start msconfig back, that setting is unsave again, please tell me how to fix it.

And how to gain back full 100% administrator authorization, I think I'm only have 75% of the admin authorization

Arcania Melodia, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Cannot save MSconfig settings

Hi Ruth, I may be miss spelling the part "authorization". On my computer, it said I'm the admin, but when I open this file, it denied access
    msconfig doesn't save changes [​IMG]

Arcania Melodia, Oct 3, 2016
  4. Looey Win User

Have you tried to use Task Manager?

Looey, Oct 3, 2016
  5. pepanee Win User
    I haven't tried this:

1) Open msconfig
    2) Click on the Boot tab
    3) Is the Make all boot settings permanent checked?

pepanee, Oct 4, 2016
  6. Ramicoo Win User
    I can use task manager, but how does it help me with the msconfig issue?

No it's not, I checked it and it promoted me for a restart and when I restarted it backed to be not checked.. :\

Ramicoo, Oct 4, 2016
  7. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Oct 4, 2016
  8. Ramicoo Win User

Ramicoo, Oct 4, 2016
  9. pepanee Win User
    Dang. Well, if you haven't already done so, search on a search engine (such as Bing) for your issue for more suggestions that you can find. I searched for:

and gave you that link. Hopefully you can try other suggestions that were attempted by others. There's a bunch of results that you will find, so hopefully that variety of results will have something useful.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. msconfig doesn't save changes - Similar Threads - msconfig doesn't save

2. OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes: OneDrive doesn't start when I turn on my computer - I have to open it manually. I go to this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onedrive/download and click on "start onedrive". If I open a file in one drive double click it autosave is not on. If I turn on...
  3. Remapped ram with msconfig, no change in performance.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remapped ram with msconfig, no change in performance.: So I have an Acer apu system that I upgraded to 8gb of ram. Windows want using all of it and was keeping 4gb in hardware reserve. I did the thing I’m msconfig to force it to use all 8gb, but even though task manger, msinfo, and resource monitor all day I now have 5gb...
  4. "Save as..." doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Save as..." doesn't work: Whenever I try to use the "Save as..." command -- either for an Office 2007 file or when downloading files from the web -- I get a "Working on it" message and can do nothing. Then, after a very, very long wait, I can enter the name of the file to save to. Once I am allowed...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't boot after msconfig change.: I cannot boot into the desktop. How do you reinstall without loosing the data / files? My PC was originally a Windows 7 and then run the Windows 10 free upgrade when my notification popped-up. It's been working fine for years and currently in 1803 as 1903 keep failing to...
  6. msconfig...

in Windows 10 Customization
    msconfig...: Hello everyone. My question is why to use or what is the msconfig command for? And in that it can be useful. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig/07f434bd-1a5b-4481-adc0-260e2f2548a9
  7. Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup

Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup: I went into MSCONFIG - changed to Selective Startup in System Configuration. Now I am trying to change back to Normal- the apply button wont highlight for use [IMG]...
  8. Msconfig not keeping changes

Msconfig not keeping changes: I am having problems with a program, and their help desk instructed to un-check "Load startup items", click Apply and click OK. When I do this I am not getting the expected restart message. When I reopen Msconfig, the change has not been made....
  9. msconfig changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msconfig changes: I took a picture of my msconfig and I noticed that in a day the numbers behind these 8 services changed they were DevicePicker_ DevicesFlow_ MessaginService_ Sync Host_ Contact data_ PrintWorkflow_ User data storage_ user data access_ they all had the same number...
  10. Msconfig changed and no more login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Msconfig changed and no more login: Trying to fix one problem has turned to a worse problem. I set msconfig to not load the start files and now I no longer get a login box. I get the main screen that shows time and date and the little screen icon bottom right with red X (no connections available). Click that...