Windows 10: MSConfig has locked me out of windows - need to reset back to default.

Discus and support MSConfig has locked me out of windows - need to reset back to default. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was having a problem where, when I chose to shut down, the computer would power down, then hesitate 3 seconds, and then reboot. I went into MSConfig... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by funkeyro, Jan 26, 2017.

1. funkeyro Win User

MSConfig has locked me out of windows - need to reset back to default.

I was having a problem where, when I chose to shut down, the computer would power down, then hesitate 3 seconds, and then reboot. I went into MSConfig to try to block some services that may be causing the problem. I hid all Microsoft services and then unchecked the rest (I know now that was a very stupid thing to do, but I was at my wits end. When I reboot the machine, I now have no network LAN or wireless support, and I am sure a lot of other necessary services are also not running. All of this prevents me from being able to log in. I use a Microsoft account for logging in and I am the only User. Without network support, and God knows what else, I do not even get a request for a password at the logon screen. I need to reset my boot configuration back to normal in order to be able to log in again. I need some ideas.

:)

funkeyro, Jan 26, 2017

2. Locked out of the computer, need to reset the administrator password in Windows 10.

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question:

• Are you logging in using Microsoft account?
    • How did you get locked out from your PC?
    • Did you make any recent changes in the account settings?

If you are using Microsoft account to login, I suggest you to reset the password from the link below and check if you are able to login into your user profile.

Reset your password

If you have changed your user login password, I suggest you to enter the password and check if are able to login into your user profile.

The issue you are facing with is unclear to assist you further. Please write back to us with the detailed description of the issue you are facing with to assist you further regarding the same.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 26, 2017
  3. Locked out of the computer, need to reset the administrator password in Windows 10.

Original Title: My PC Adm. Password is locked with the MS Security

How do I reset the Admin. Password on my PC

BetsyHefferon, Jan 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Do you have System Restore enabled? If so, use a restore point.

Have you yet discovered the value of routinely using disk imaging? We strongly and repeatedly recommend this. Unfortunately it sounds as if you may not do so - yet. We suggest Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images- you can then revert to a previous working state after a disaster relatively painlessly.

Failing the above, try tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool (easy to find), which includes repairs like 'Restore important Windows services'. Use only the relevant repairs. Note how this makes sure you back up appropriately.

dalchina, Jan 26, 2017
  5. I'll add if you need to create boot media, to invoke restore, check out Microsoft Media Creator. A simple search on Google will take you there. You will need a 4GB key and another windows 10 machine. If you only have access to 7 or 8 created an ISO.

Once you are running again you may also want to create a Recovery Drive by typing in Recovery Drive to Cortana.

Dalchina's suggestion and with robust data backups is a must.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. MSConfig has locked me out of windows - need to reset back to default. - Similar Threads - MSConfig has locked

2. Bitlocker has locked me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  3. Bitlocker has locked me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  4. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer reset failed and locked me out.: Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I turned it on and tried to log in my account's profile is gone and when I try to sign in it says "The User Profile Service...
  5. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer reset failed and locked me out.: Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I turned it on and tried to log in my account's profile is gone and when I try to sign in it says "The User Profile Service...
  6. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Locked out of pc, disabled all msconfig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of pc, disabled all msconfig: Long-story short, i tried to do a clean boot to find the problem to one of my games, and now I cant get into my pc. I can’t sign in with my pin and I am desperate for help....
  8. Windows 10 has lock me out.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 has lock me out.: � I was setting up to encrypt Windows 10 and it went to the DOS screen with blinking indicator. It will not load up Windows. I do not have any back up and I've tried to reinstall Windows and I don't have enough memory to do that. UrgentHelpTerry. *** Email address is...
  9. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  10. Safe mode has locked me out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe mode has locked me out: Help! Safe mode has locked me out. At first I tried my pin number, but found that it was supposed to be the Microsoft password instead. So I type that in and it still said incorrect password. So I went on my phone and changed the password, came back, rebooted the laptop, re...