Windows 10: msconfig missing!!

Discus and support msconfig missing!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, can anyone help please. I'm getting an error message when trying to start msconfig from the task bar. It reads "Windows cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chriscollinge1, Jul 14, 2018.

1. msconfig missing!!

Hi, can anyone help please. I'm getting an error message when trying to start msconfig from the task bar. It reads "Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msconfig.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." Making a search for system configuration ends with a similar problem.

:)

chriscollinge1, Jul 14, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 14, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 14, 2018
  4. msconfig missing!!

MSCONFIG

Hi Kathiresh,

There are several reasons which can cause this error in your computer. One of these is a corrupted or missing system file. You may run the
    System File Checker to identify and troubleshoot this error.

You can also follow the steps through Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool to check for any update
    errors.

Note: Please perform the Clean boot on your PC.

Clean Boot temporarily disables all third party applications as well as all Microsoft non-essential services so only basic drivers will run. This will help us find any third-party software which can be the cause of this issue.

Here are the steps:

• From Start, search for msconfig
    • Select System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open
      Task Manager
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK
      , and then restart the computer.

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

msconfig missing!!

1. msconfig missing!! - Similar Threads - msconfig missing

2. Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...: I am no longer able to login with the error "something happened and your PIN isn't available" error, with no option to reset PIN. I have read many other articles on answers.microsoft.com and it seems the clean install of Windows 11 is the best answer to this issue....
  3. Windows 11 After MSCONFIG Advanced Clean Boot PIN Reset Application Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 After MSCONFIG Advanced Clean Boot PIN Reset Application Missing: While trying to troubleshoot a Windows 11 issue I used MSCONFIG Advanced option to perform a Clean reboot with only the minimal set of applications and processes running to see if my issue was related to an application. When I rebooted the Windows PIN entry screen came up...
  4. Windows 11 After MSCONFIG Advanced Clean Boot PIN Reset Application Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 After MSCONFIG Advanced Clean Boot PIN Reset Application Missing: While trying to troubleshoot a Windows 11 issue I used MSCONFIG Advanced option to perform a Clean reboot with only the minimal set of applications and processes running to see if my issue was related to an application. When I rebooted the Windows PIN entry screen came up...
  5. after selecting Normal Startup in MSconfig PC boot failed with 0xc000000e and missing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after selecting Normal Startup in MSconfig PC boot failed with 0xc000000e and missing...: I just wanted to try Normal Startup and had no idea a Blue screen was waiting for me...My windows version I think is 21H2.I have got as far as a command prompt from the repair option with the repair media.bootrec /fixmbr is successfulbootrec /fixboot gives access deniedI have...
  6. after selecting Normal Startup in MSconfig PC boot failed with 0xc000000e and missing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after selecting Normal Startup in MSconfig PC boot failed with 0xc000000e and missing...: I just wanted to try Normal Startup and had no idea a Blue screen was waiting for me...My windows version I think is 21H2.I have got as far as a command prompt from the repair option with the repair media.bootrec /fixmbr is successfulbootrec /fixboot gives access deniedI have...
  7. after selecting Normal Startup in MSconfig PC boot failed with 0xc000000e and missing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't update and Windows is missing from the boot tab in MSconfig.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't update and Windows is missing from the boot tab in MSconfig.: Hi everyone! I recently replaced a secondary SSD in my computer. I had boot issues because the old SSD had a recovery partition on it. I don't remember what I did unfortunately to fix all of that but I think I'm having issues because of that now. I can't update windows and...
  9. System Configuration Title is Missing from Msconfig

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Configuration Title is Missing from Msconfig: [ATTACH] So I encountered this weird issue out of nowhere, I can't see the title "System Configuration" when I open the program msconfig. Besides, I can't see the proper icon for msconfig/system configuration like I used to, when I type msconfig/system configuration in the...
  10. System Configuration Title is Missing from Msconfig

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Configuration Title is Missing from Msconfig: [ATTACH] So I encountered this weird issue out of nowhere, I can't see the title "System Configuration" when I open the program msconfig. Besides, when I can't also see the proper icon I used to, when I type msconfig/system configuration in the start menu. What I have...