Windows 10: Msconfig Options Reset

Discus and support Msconfig Options Reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When using msconfig, I am no longer getting the dialog box offering the options of 'Restart' or 'Exit without Restart'. How do I reinstate this? 67313 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rackbrane, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Rackbrane Win User

Msconfig Options Reset

When using msconfig, I am no longer getting the dialog box offering the options of 'Restart' or 'Exit without Restart'. How do I reinstate this?

:)

Rackbrane, Oct 18, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

About the msconfig option

This is definitaly a mis-perception!

Windows will use whatever processor power and all available cores it has access to when loading . . .

There is plenty of advice on the web about setting maximum number of processors in msconfig and most is is bad/ill-advised information. There are numerous users on this forum that have bricked their systems by playing around with this setting

Most processors nowadays have multiple cores and are managed by software technologies like SpeedStep and TurboBoost, and it is best to leave well enough alone . . .

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2016
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Msconfig/Boot/options?

I understand. To better assist you with this matter, we suggest that you post this matter on our
    Social.TechNet Forum. Our IT Professionals, and
    with the tools that is needed for this matter, they will be glad to assist you.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 18, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Msconfig Options Reset

spunk, Oct 18, 2016
Thema:

Msconfig Options Reset

1. Msconfig Options Reset - Similar Threads - Msconfig Options Reset

2. msconfig reset ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    msconfig reset ?: I was following step by step a post of an independent advisor to remove a malicious powershell script that executed itself at every reboot, and it said :1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by...
  3. msconfig reset ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig reset ?: I was following step by step a post of an independent advisor to remove a malicious powershell script that executed itself at every reboot, and it said :1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by...
  4. msconfig reset ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...

How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...: Hi Team, I have set max memory to 256 MB only where as default was 1 GB, I applied settings and restarted device. now laptop starts with a very slow speed it takes hours to show the login page. Yesterday i kept the laptop on for 24+ hours then it showed login page, i am not...
  6. This has something to do with resetting and my msconfig

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This has something to do with resetting and my msconfig: So first of all, what I did was I touched my msconfig so that I can have a more smooth gameing experience. I learned that from a youtube video. when I read the comments of that video, they said not to do the following since it may break your PC. Funny enough, it did....
  7. Reset Msconfig options from CMD prompt trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Msconfig options from CMD prompt trouble shooter: Hi im on mobile so i apoligize if this is hard to read. i was trying to fix a problem with missing isable memory and clicked the box for max memory in Msconfig to on by accident and rebooted. My computer is no longer fully booting and i believe my best chance is through the...
  8. MSConfig Advanced Boot Option, Boot Cores

MSConfig Advanced Boot Option, Boot Cores: What is the MSConfig boot with more cores options, mine choose 6, and there is an available option of 12? What is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-advanced-boot-option-boot-cores/fab83286-4884-4526-8e42-91b40302196c
  9. Reseting option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reseting option: My laptop suddenly crashed and windows 10 don’t open so it ried to reset without losing my files and this option doesn’t work what should i do now to reset without losing my files...
  10. Options On Reset Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Options On Reset Option: When I go to System/Recovery/Reset and I'm given the 2 options of leaving personal files intact versus the entire reset, does the FULL reset ALSO delete my extra partitions so I'm left with only a C:\ drive? 50842