Windows 10: msconfig processor problem...please help!

Discus and support msconfig processor problem...please help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok so i was messing around in msconfig because i heard you can boost the speed of your cpu by turning up the processors in the advanced boot tab, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AidanWilson_278, Jan 24, 2022.

1. msconfig processor problem...please help!

Ok so i was messing around in msconfig because i heard you can boost the speed of your cpu by turning up the processors in the advanced boot tab, which i did and it did make my cpu faster but now my computer been acting really weird and i am bit concerned. Ever since i brought the processors up, my computer has been really loud and i think its because the fans are going really fast but im not 100% sure the fans where not like this before i messed around in msconfig also my computer gets really hot at a certain spot at the top of the pc case and the gpu is also hotthere is also a faint burni

:)

AidanWilson_278, Jan 24, 2022

2. Can't fix MSCONFIG Processor setting after changing number of processors to 8

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
    I was looking for ways to increase performance and I came across some postings on MSCONFIG. I navigated to the option Boot/Advanced Options/Number of Processors. When I checked it, I saw that I could change the number from 1 to 8. I did so and rebooted. Now, when I boot I get in an endless loop of Windows Automatic Repair telling me that I have a configuration error and "Attempting Repairs". I'd like to change the Processors back from 8 to 1.
    When I choose Advanced Options \ Troubleshoot \ Advanced Options I receive a menu of choices.

• Menu Options
    • When I select "System Restore \Restore Point" for a few selections I get the message "System Restore did not complete successfully. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x800070003)"
    • When I select "Go back to the previous version" I receive the message "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows."
    • When I select "System Image Recovery" I receive the message "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer."
    • When I select "Start Repair" I get an error with that as well.

I've also taken the following steps already.

• Other Steps:
    • Windows with Command Prompt (It Boots from drive X", and the
      original drive "C" is now "E")
    • net user administrator /active:yes
    • CD E:\Windows\System32\config MSCONFIG (I Receive the error: "You do
      not have sufficient privileges to run System Configuration. Please
      run this utility as a user in the Administrators group."
    • CD
      E:\Windows\System32\config ICACLS E:\Windows\System32\config*.*
      /INHERITANCE:r /GRANT:r Administratormsconfig processor problem...please help! :(F) /F /C
    • Regedit
    • (I point to
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)
    • File / Load Hive
    • (I Navigate to)
      E:\Windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE
    • Open
    • (I receive the message
      "SOFTWARE You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the
      file owner or an administrator to obtain permission")

How can I change the number of processor settings when I'm in Windows Automatic Repair?

user3138025, Jan 24, 2022
  3. second processor not recognized

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

If it is getting detected or not you may check that in msconfig window. Refer to the steps provided below to check if your computer detects the second processor.

• Press Windows key+ R to open run box.
    • Type msconfig in the box.
    • Under Boot tab click on Advanced Options.
    • Check the box stating Number of processors and from the drop down menu select 2.
    • Now check if it brings any difference.

I would suggest you to go through the article mentioned below and hope you will get answer to the most of your queries related to Windows 10.

Get Started with Windows 10

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

msconfig processor problem...please help!

CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

We appreciate the information you provided. Your processor is working as expected. CPU affinity is only showing CPU (0) since 1 processor is working at the moment. It's very likely that your computer is using a balanced power plan, so we suggest changing
    your power plan to High Performance by following these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Choose High Performance.

In addition to that, we recommend installing the latest updates to keep your system current and secure. Go to
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.

Some programs may also be automatically launching whenever you boot your computer, affecting the performance. To disable them, follow these steps:

• Right-click your taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Under the Startup tab, find the programs that you don't need.
    • Right-click the program and choose Disable.

You're also using your computer for a game that was designed to run on an earlier version of Windows, so it's possible that it's slowing down your computer. In this case, use the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the program using
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the program from the list and click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

msconfig processor problem...please help!

1. msconfig processor problem...please help! - Similar Threads - msconfig processor problem

2. I DISABLED ALL SERVICES IN MSCONFIG. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I DISABLED ALL SERVICES IN MSCONFIG. Please help.: I tried to troubleshoot but it says my Local disk C is locked by bitlocker!!!! IM SHAKING PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-all-services-in-msconfig-please-help/0b6dec67-acde-4add-9a1b-04e89c3e19e5
  3. I DISABLED ALL SERVICES IN MSCONFIG. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I DISABLED ALL SERVICES IN MSCONFIG. Please help.: I tried to troubleshoot but it says my Local disk C is locked by bitlocker!!!! IM SHAKING PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-all-services-in-msconfig-please-help/0b6dec67-acde-4add-9a1b-04e89c3e19e5
  4. Msconfig processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig processors: Can i lower the amount of processors to reduce heat? I have 12. Can I use 8 or maybe 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-processors/eaa6873b-39c8-4166-8504-4cb19ed9f8e5
  5. Msconfig processors

Msconfig processors: Can i lower the amount of processors to reduce heat? I have 12. Can I use 8 or maybe 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-processors/eaa6873b-39c8-4166-8504-4cb19ed9f8e5
  6. msconfig processor problem...please help!

msconfig processor problem...please help!: Ok so i was messing around in msconfig because i heard you can boost the speed of your cpu by turning up the processors in the advanced boot tab, which i did and it did make my cpu faster but now my computer been acting really weird and i am bit concerned. Ever since i...
  7. x86 or x64 processor help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    x86 or x64 processor help please: Hi I'm trying to change my PC from 32bit to 64 to utilise the new 12GB Ram. Recently updated from 7 to 10.I understand I need x64 based processor to do this. I'm stuck because I have the following conflicting info.In system information it says PC based on x86: But About PC...
  8. Please help with this problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help with this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/something-went-wrong-while-trying-to-turn-on/e3574c71-b368-4a44-930c-b079e48ea90b?tm=1533049618684...
  9. Number of Processors in MSCONFIG

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Number of Processors in MSCONFIG: Ok, so i'm tweaking with my OS, and i opened up msconfig. I noticed that under Number of Processors, it shows I have 16. I only have an 8-core processor. What would happen if i chose 8 or 16? Would i get a faster boot time? 114596
  10. MSconfig problem

in Windows 10 Support
    MSconfig problem: HELP - Win 10 - Checked msconfig box to boot in safe mode - rebooted system and now I can not get past the Splash screen - can not get in safe mode nor normal - hit space bar and Login screen does not come up. Boot from a Win 10 Boot Disk - do not get options screen, where I...