Windows 10: msconfig reset ?

Discus and support msconfig reset ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was following step by step a post of an independent advisor to remove a malicious powershell script that executed itself at every reboot, and it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thedark85, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Thedark85 Win User

msconfig reset ?

I was following step by step a post of an independent advisor to remove a malicious powershell script that executed itself at every reboot, and it said :1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by default you are on general tab.3. On the General tab, click the selective startup and make sure that load system service and load startup items both have checked mark.4. Click on services tab5. Put a check mark on Hide All Microsoft Services > This is a very important part as if you miss to click on this, computer might

:)

Thedark85, Apr 24, 2022
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 24, 2022
  3. restore msconfig advanced boot options

Hello Thomas,

We understand that you would like to reset msconfig to its default settings in Windows 10. Here are the steps that you can perform:

• Ttype msconfig at the search field or Cortana.
    • Click on the System Configuration.
    • Click/open the Services tab.
    • Click on the Enable all button.
    • Click/open the Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager hyperlink.

• Select each services and enable them one by one.
    • Close the Task Manager window
    • Click on the Apply button then OK.
    • Click on Restart button and the issue should be fixed.

Feel free to post back if you have further question or future concerns.

Lawrence Lib, Apr 24, 2022
  4. msconfig reset ?

Blank Screen after Latest Windows 10 Update-- Cannot Switch Between users.

As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R and type "msconfig".
    • Select Selective startup and Load system services.
    • Unselect Load system startup items.

Let us know if the steps provided resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

msconfig reset ?

1. msconfig reset ? - Similar Threads - msconfig reset

2. Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...: Hello, To whom it may concern, yesterday I had issues starting up a client/software so I decided to go to run - msconfig and use the diagnostic start up, being unaware i couldnt get back into user as it was saying password incorrect, anyway I rebooted it in safe mode using...
  3. Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...: Hello, To whom it may concern, yesterday I had issues starting up a client/software so I decided to go to run - msconfig and use the diagnostic start up, being unaware i couldnt get back into user as it was saying password incorrect, anyway I rebooted it in safe mode using...
  4. Windows 11 After MSCONFIG Advanced Clean Boot PIN Reset Application Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 After MSCONFIG Advanced Clean Boot PIN Reset Application Missing: While trying to troubleshoot a Windows 11 issue I used MSCONFIG Advanced option to perform a Clean reboot with only the minimal set of applications and processes running to see if my issue was related to an application. When I rebooted the Windows PIN entry screen came up...
  5. Windows 11 After MSCONFIG Advanced Clean Boot PIN Reset Application Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 After MSCONFIG Advanced Clean Boot PIN Reset Application Missing: While trying to troubleshoot a Windows 11 issue I used MSCONFIG Advanced option to perform a Clean reboot with only the minimal set of applications and processes running to see if my issue was related to an application. When I rebooted the Windows PIN entry screen came up...
  6. msconfig reset ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    msconfig reset ?: I was following step by step a post of an independent advisor to remove a malicious powershell script that executed itself at every reboot, and it said :1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by...
  7. msconfig reset ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig reset ?: I was following step by step a post of an independent advisor to remove a malicious powershell script that executed itself at every reboot, and it said :1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by...
  8. After Reseting Dual booting OS not shown In msCONFIG

in Windows 10 Customization
    After Reseting Dual booting OS not shown In msCONFIG: Hey guys,I thought to reset windows 10 while i was dual booting win11 and win10.after successfully resetting my msconfig window is not showing windows 11 os but the partition where i installed win11 is ok. how to fix itAttaching PICS for reference...….NOTE: WIN11 is on simbly...
  9. How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...: Hi Team, I have set max memory to 256 MB only where as default was 1 GB, I applied settings and restarted device. now laptop starts with a very slow speed it takes hours to show the login page. Yesterday i kept the laptop on for 24+ hours then it showed login page, i am not...
  10. This has something to do with resetting and my msconfig

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This has something to do with resetting and my msconfig: So first of all, what I did was I touched my msconfig so that I can have a more smooth gameing experience. I learned that from a youtube video. when I read the comments of that video, they said not to do the following since it may break your PC. Funny enough, it did....