Windows 10: Msconfig settings say to restart after settings applied but the setting does not get affected

Discus and support Msconfig settings say to restart after settings applied but the setting does not get affected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After the computer restarts the msconfig setting remains the same before restart and does not change i have tried in safe mode and also uninstall all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rohnitvs, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Msconfig settings say to restart after settings applied but the setting does not get affected

After the computer restarts the msconfig setting remains the same before restart and does not change i have tried in safe mode and also uninstall all third party apps and also tried the new administrative user but nothing works

submitted by /u/rohnitvs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rohnitvs, Feb 4, 2020

2. msconfig and setting

Hi Nazar,

Since there's no violations found when you run the System File Checker, I suggest that you start your computer in safe mode and see if the issue persists. This will help us determine if a software conflict or your computer's default settings and basic drivers
    are causing the problem.

To start your computer in safe mode, follow these steps:

From Settings:

• Click the Windows start icon, then click Settings.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery .
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode, or 5 or F5 to
      start PC in Safe Mode with Networking.

From the sign-in screen:

• Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power Power icon > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode, or 5 or F5 to
      start PC in Safe Mode with Networking.

Please update this thread with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 4, 2020
  3. msconfig and setting

apparently, in safe mode i can open the settings but when i go into normal mode the problem persists? What next?

NazarAlDeen, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Msconfig settings say to restart after settings applied but the setting does not get affected

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Msconfig settings say to restart after settings applied but the setting does not get affected

1. Msconfig settings say to restart after settings applied but the setting does not get affected - Similar Threads - Msconfig settings restart

2. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  3. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  4. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig: Hello. I want to ask something related to the RAM installed on my computer. There is 8GB of RAM installed but only 5.95GB can be used. Then I watched a video on YouTube to solve the "useable RAM" and there is one way, namely by clicking maximum memory and set it to maximum....
  6. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig: Hello. I want to ask something related to the RAM installed on my computer. There is 8GB of RAM installed but only 5.95GB can be used. Then I watched a video on YouTube to solve the "useable RAM" and there is one way, namely by clicking maximum memory and set it to maximum....
  7. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I apply 'Normal Setting " to Msconfig ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I apply 'Normal Setting " to Msconfig ?: When i apply Normal Setting to Msconfig it revert back to Selective setting ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-apply-normal-setting-to-msconfig/94799546-5405-42a0-9ef2-227f7ce7a6e0
  9. Microphone settings will not apply

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone settings will not apply: Hi really I need of help. my microphone keeps resetting to 100 when I start app a new game or app even with my settings switched to not allow apps to alter my microphone. if I could just apply a lower volume to my microphone it would be fine but in the microphone settings the...
  10. Settings that affect the network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings that affect the network?: When i upgraded to window 10,i had a problem with the internet.but back then, i didnt know how to fix it(it was a simple fix)so i managed to messed up some of the internet settings.can someone pls list some settings that effects your network so i can undo them?thanks in...