Windows 10: Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable?

Discus and support Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As the title really, have any of you disabled Microsoft services in Msconfig. If so, which ones? Thanks Chris 47062 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by djwoody, Apr 11, 2016.

1. djwoody Win User

Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable?

As the title really, have any of you disabled Microsoft services in Msconfig. If so, which ones?

Thanks
    Chris

:)

djwoody, Apr 11, 2016
  2. CDTPG Win User

Microsoft Services stopped on msconfig

I Auggy,

I followed your advice to uninstall Kaspersky, reinstall Avast and then uninstall Avast and it worked...... No more Avast logos on outgoing emails. I really want to THANK YOU for your professional advice, your patience and your knowledge........ You are
    an expert!

Thank you ever so much !!!!

Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable? :) Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable? :) Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable? :)

CDTPG, Apr 11, 2016
  3. CDTPG Win User
    Microsoft Services stopped on msconfig

Hi Auggy,

It was on the 11th November 2017 that I received a notification my computer's task bar in the AVAST icon that an update was required.

On carrying out the update, and the computer restarted as advised, but on opening the AVANT app the buttons on it were
    unresponsive. Restrating the computer a number of times made no difference.

Concluding I had no certain antivirus protection I downloaded Kaspersky and it works well. But:

• I was unable to uninstall AVAST using the Programs & Features window OR using AVASTs own uninstal exe. app
    • So, I used Uninstall Pro and that did uninstall AVAST from the "Programs & Features window" list and desktop
    Despite the above, the AVAST logo advertisement in outgoing emails persits. It is not in any signatuires in my e-mail client app ( Em Client).

THEN I found an AVAST folder remaining in C:\Programs.
    And this is where I am now, being advised that permisssion is refused to delete this lone folder in CMsconfig - which Microsoft services to disable? :programs\Ava each time I try.

Any ideas???? Thanks again.

CDTPG, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable?

Services should be disabled thru task manager , tab i.e. services - open services window. Recommend using the suggested settings as stated on black viper website for windows 10: Black Viper Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

lopedoggie, Apr 11, 2016
  5. djwoody Win User
    Many thanks, that's helped me a lot

djwoody, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable?

1. Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable? - Similar Threads - Msconfig Microsoft services

2. Disabled msconfig services can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabled msconfig services can't login: I was having issues updating an app so I followed these instructions but I skipped the "hide all" stepPress Windows Key+R.Type msconfig and press Enter.Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.Select the Services tab.Check Hide all Microsoft services.Note:...
  3. Disabled msconfig services can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled msconfig services can't login: I was having issues updating an app so I followed these instructions but I skipped the "hide all" stepPress Windows Key+R.Type msconfig and press Enter.Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.Select the Services tab.Check Hide all Microsoft services.Note:...
  4. MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE: i have a mi laptop pls help i cannot find my bitlocker key pls help and i cannot find my bitlocker key in my Microsoft account also.i don't want to reset pls help...
  5. MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE: i have a mi laptop pls help i cannot find my bitlocker key pls help and i cannot find my bitlocker key in my Microsoft account also.i don't want to reset pls help...
  6. MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in msconfig

Accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in msconfig: I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in msconfig. Now whenever I start my PC, I cannot use PIN to sign in. I have a guest account but it is not admin so it can't do anything. I've tried startup repair and it says I need to log into my Microsoft account but when I...
  8. I disabled all services msconfig

I disabled all services msconfig: So i mistakenly disabled all ms config services and it ask me to restart so i did, now i can log in on any accounts and it says something happened and your pin isnt avaliable click to setup your pin again and when i press it it does nothing, i tried booting into safe mode,...
  9. msconfig-- service running but disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig-- service running but disabled?: My first new thread and pictures speak louder than words: [img] Windows Defender is shown both running AND disabled. I have no third-party security or firewall. I am unable to select this service here (msconfig)-(but rightly set as 'Automatic' in services.msc) nor am I...
  10. Cannot disable services thru MSCONFIG

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot disable services thru MSCONFIG: Hi All Cannot get any updates for my windows 10 PC - update service hanging - am now 1 year out of date Tried to stop/start Windows Update service but that comes back with 'unable to stop service' Suggestion was to try a clean start by disabling non MS services Tried this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to disable for better performance msconfig microsoft

2. which microsoft services to disable

3. msconfig hide microsoft services disable

4. microsoft services to disable,
  5. msconfig disable services for audio performance