Windows 10: msdia80.dll in the root folder of a secondary drive used only for file storage (movies,...

Discus and support msdia80.dll in the root folder of a secondary drive used only for file storage (movies,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have no applications installed in the drive, nor did i install any application in my PC before this showed up. Why did this happen? What is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Failed_Roast, Jul 3, 2020.

1. msdia80.dll in the root folder of a secondary drive used only for file storage (movies,...

I have no applications installed in the drive, nor did i install any application in my PC before this showed up. Why did this happen? What is the appropriate action to do?

submitted by /u/Failed_Roast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Failed_Roast, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Time Lady Win User

msdia80.dll file showed up suddenly

The msdia80.dll file is a system file in Visual C++ and some other Windows based software applications.

FIX:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/927665...

Time Lady, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Msdia80.dll file is in my empty partition drive

I have noticed Msdia80.dll file in my X drive. The drive is empty with only msdia80.dll file in it.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\VC

msdia80.dll in the root folder of a secondary drive used only for file storage (movies,... 2666fb35-c079-4712-b899-099d918c5cdc.png

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VC

msdia80.dll in the root folder of a secondary drive used only for file storage (movies,... 17ec7b5c-1052-475d-a030-0d462bd403f9.png

msdia80.dll is missing in 64 bit folder. So does the X drive msdia80.dll file belong there?

The properties of msdia80.dll from Program files(x86) and the one in X drive are different.

msdia80.dll in the root folder of a secondary drive used only for file storage (movies,... f4b7e4cf-37a4-4b55-8f77-ffba32b894aa.png

Where does the msdia80.dll from X drive originally belong to? How do I move it?

Anusha Pininti, Jul 3, 2020
  4. msdia80.dll in the root folder of a secondary drive used only for file storage (movies,...

msdia80.dll

there are 2 msdia80.dll and one of them in root directory and the other one in VC folder, i don't know what to do, please help me !

Hermann Flugel, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

msdia80.dll in the root folder of a secondary drive used only for file storage (movies,...

1. msdia80.dll in the root folder of a secondary drive used only for file storage (movies,... - Similar Threads - msdia80 dll root

2. msdia80.dll on my disk D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msdia80.dll on my disk D:: Hello, I've found msdia80.dll on my disk D: . I've found out, that I have to put it into the VC folder and when I looked into that folder, I only saw msdia90.dll and msdia100.dll .Can I delete msdia80.dll or is it important, I actually don't understand, what's the purpose of...
  3. msdia80.dll on my disk D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msdia80.dll on my disk D:: Hello, I've found msdia80.dll on my disk D: . I've found out, that I have to put it into the VC folder and when I looked into that folder, I only saw msdia90.dll and msdia100.dll .Can I delete msdia80.dll or is it important, I actually don't understand, what's the purpose of...
  4. msdia80.dll on my disk D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Root folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Root folder in File Explorer: I am using File Explorer on Windows 11 Pro.I have this folder: C\Users\user\workspace in the address bar of File Explorer. C:\Users\user corresponds to the home folder of the user 'user'.Starting from that folder, I press the button with the arrow pointing upward "go to...
  6. msdia80.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    msdia80.dll: there are 2 msdia80.dll and one of them in root directory and the other one in VC folder, i don't know what to do, please help me ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msdia80dll/5b73febb-8902-49e6-827a-4c2f23803ecf
  7. Secondary drive folders in root are showing on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary drive folders in root are showing on desktop: I'm having an issue where folders stored at the root of my secondary drive (W: in my case) are displaying on the desktop. For example, if I have a directory called W:\foo, a folder named 'foo' will show up on my desktop. The Properties window shows the location correctly...
  8. Laptops That Support A Secondary Storage Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptops That Support A Secondary Storage Drive: I am looking for a laptop that will support a second internal storage drive. Over the years, I have removed the ROM drive and installed a secondary hard drive using a hard drive caddy. But a lot of decent laptops don't have a ROM drive these days. Does anyone have any ideas?...
  9. Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D: Hi, Can I delete msdia80.dll on drive D? After searching google, the best answer I found is NO - but I have to move it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VC and register it. I also found another answer stating it was ok to delete it if the file in...
  10. showing the total of folders/files in drive root

in Windows 10 Support
    showing the total of folders/files in drive root: Properties are shown differently for folders and roots. Root properties only shows used and free space. Folder properties shows Size, Size on Disk, number of files/folders. Questions: 1 - How can I discover on the root drive the total of folders and files on drive? 2...