Windows 10: MSE & installing new Antivirus program, questions.

Discus and support MSE & installing new Antivirus program, questions. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since MSE will no longer work on my Win7 PC. I wanted to install BitDefender program. But before the install of BD is complete, BD is asking for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Carlman777, Jan 17, 2020.

1. MSE & installing new Antivirus program, questions.

Since MSE will no longer work on my Win7 PC. I wanted to install BitDefender program. But before the install of BD is complete, BD is asking for removal/uninstall of MSE.

1 Should I remove MSE? Since MS says it will no longer protect my PC.

2 Or, should I just keep not remove MSE and hope nothing bad happens! Reason: each time I click on MSE, update, it shows status: "Up to Date"! Meaning it is still getting support from MS.

Thank you guys in advance for any help and input on this subject.

:)

Carlman777, Jan 17, 2020
  2. naoan Win User

Need an Antivirus Program

Avast is 40MB install and took 126MB here, while MSE is 7-10MB install depending on your OS but will download about 30MB virus definition upon install.

I was using MSE before until I noticed that it slow down explorer on folder with lots of files, and began experimenting on AV and surprisingly Avast is the fastest of any (free and trial) antivirus I've tried.

naoan, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    MSE Vs other antivirus / Malware programs .

I use MSE on all my comps it works just fine, I always tell people as long as you don't go to questionable websites your taking about 95% risk out.

Delta6326, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

MSE & installing new Antivirus program, questions.

1. MSE & installing new Antivirus program, questions. - Similar Threads - MSE installing Antivirus

2. Antivirus Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus Program: I'm so stress of finding third party antivirus program that has low cpu usage. All antivirus programs have high cpu usage after their updates. I will just install antimalware scanner is enough without installing antivirus. Is it safe enough?...
  3. Antivirus Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus Program: If I install antivirus program and Windows defenders will be disabled automatically, is it blocking genshin impact and if genshin preinstallation and update comes, is it blocking genshin?...
  4. Antivirus Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus Program: If I install antivirus program and Windows defenders will be disabled automatically, is it blocking genshin impact and if genshin preinstallation and update comes, is it blocking genshin?...
  5. antivirus program

antivirus program: do i need an antivirus program for my Surface laptop 4 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-program/6cf2cd0b-2138-47a9-8197-60065c3e6a27
  6. Is the antivirus program installed?

Is the antivirus program installed?: Is the antivirus program automatically installed in Windows 10 on my new PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-antivirus-program-installed/ca23e274-3af1-4768-a779-05fc6233abeb"
  7. MSE

MSE: I don't know if my first post went thru. In the MSE history it says I have the "TrojanDownloader:JS/Menucod. But multiple scans do not find anything.... Also have an error code 0x80508023 that says the Program could not find the malware.......
  8. MSE

MSE: Have this in my MSE history; don't know what it means. Multiple scans come up clean.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mse/8d175fdf-6ef9-45ed-9839-aae1cb7d7c7d
  9. MSE

MSE: What version of MSE should I be running on Windows 7 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start-windows_7/mse/02d2ec1b-87bc-4371-ab07-07d01d692f72
  10. Antivirus Question

Antivirus Question: Have windows 10 laptop. I know windows defender is preinstalled on it. I noticed it was basically microsoft essentials. I had avast and malwarebytes installed as well since i read these are recommended. Both are free version though. I read that however you are really suppose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will avast protect windows 7 better than mse after jan 14 2020