Windows 10: MSE Scan

Discus and support MSE Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed MSE on my old laptop, that I need for work, It is Monday morning 7:45 am and it has been running the quick scan for 22 hrs now and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrentAkin, Jan 28, 2019.

1. BrentAkin Win User

MSE Scan

I installed MSE on my old laptop, that I need for work, It is Monday morning 7:45 am and it has been running the quick scan for

22 hrs now and scanned 320K items. Is this normal for the first time?

:)

BrentAkin, Jan 28, 2019
  2. avemaria Win User

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

Sorry, I had the wrong link first time. Go back to the post, I've got the right link there now.
    It works in Windows 10
    Sorry bout that! *Redface

Edwin, Jan 28, 2019
  4. MSE Scan

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

MSE Scan

1. MSE Scan - Similar Threads - MSE Scan

2. MSE and Screensaver Enabled:Answered

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSE and Screensaver Enabled:Answered: Q: Is the functionality of a Microsoft Security Essentials full virus scan affected if a screensaver is enabled during the process?A:Q: Within MSE, is there an option to view virus scan specs or does it involve accessing a folder?A:Thank You....
  3. MSE and Screensaver Enabled

MSE and Screensaver Enabled: Q: Is the functionality of a Microsoft Security Essentials full virus scan affected if a screensaver is enabled during the process?A:Q: Within MSE, is there an option to view virus scan specs or does it involve accessing a folder?A:Thank You....
  4. MSE and Screensaver Enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSE and Screensaver Enabled: Q: Is the functionality of a Microsoft Security Essentials full virus scan affected if a screensaver is enabled during the process?A:Q: Within MSE, is there an option to view virus scan specs or does it involve accessing a folder?A:Thank You....
  5. MSE and Screensaver Enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. MSE Puzzle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSE Puzzle: Right now I am in Safari because I shut down my Windows 7. MSE just ran on it; and I don't know how it got onto my Windows 7 in the first place. I did not install it, but let it update. During the past two weeks I had blue screens; so after running my usual security programs,...
  7. MSE Puzzle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSE Puzzle: Right now I am in Safari because I shut down my Windows 7. MSE just ran on it; and I don't know how it got onto my Windows 7 in the first place. I did not install it, but let it update. During the past two weeks I had blue screens; so after running my usual security programs,...
  8. MSE + Win 10 + Upgrade from Win 7 = Annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSE + Win 10 + Upgrade from Win 7 = Annoying: Hey guys, Hopefully someone can help. While not a huge issue, it is bloody annoying. I recently upgraded from Win 7 Home 64 bit, to the Win 10 equivalent. During the upgrade process, the computer correctly identified and uninstalled MSE (at least, it said it did). Now,...
  9. MSE Detecting MpSigStub.exe As 'Severe' Threat

MSE Detecting MpSigStub.exe As 'Severe' Threat: Today doing my usual weekly essential software updates I was surprised on my other PC which uses MSE to get a pop-up message soon after boot. The MSE tray icon went red and reported a 'Severe' rated threat that required action including a full system scan to clean up the...
  10. what process is PID 4036? MSE? please help.

in Windows 10 Support
    what process is PID 4036? MSE? please help.: I booted up computer and it freezes for a few sec at very beginning. no freeze per se I can move my mouse but if I click someone or run program it doesnt run until maybe 5-10 sec later which is very slow. I use to not have this problem. I have processexplorer and it shows at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mse scan