Windows 10: MSEdge on Task bar has no right mouse jump list except for Edge

Discus and support MSEdge on Task bar has no right mouse jump list except for Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have latest version of Windows 10 and Edge Version 87.0.664.47 Official build 64-bit. I can no longer use right mouse on the taskbar shortcut to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tavi_Dog_Walker, Nov 28, 2020.

1. MSEdge on Task bar has no right mouse jump list except for Edge

I have latest version of Windows 10 and Edge Version 87.0.664.47 Official build 64-bit. I can no longer use right mouse on the taskbar shortcut to open In Private or recently opened webpages.

The Edge entry on the Start List and Start Menu both have jump lists working correctly. Other Taskbar shortcutse.g. Windows Explorer have their jump lists and work correctly.

I have tried unpinning it from the taskbar and then pinning it to task bar from the Start Menu. This works until I shut down the computer and re-start, when it reverts to the jump list that only includes Microsoft Edge, Unpin from Taskbar and Close Window.

I have also tried a lot of the suggestions made via blogs/communities including this one to no avail.

I have found that if I disable the Turn On Fast-Startrecommended option via Power Options and restart, the Edge Jump lists function correctly from the Task Bar Shortcut, but.......When I re-enable Turn On Fast-Startrecommended and restart, the Edge shortcut again loses its jump lists.

As I use the jump lists a lot during computer use it is particularly annoying that this feature, that was working fineuntil I started using the new Edge based on Chromium this worked fine.

There are a lot of jump list problems going back to 2015, none describe the problem as I am seeing it, A lot are similar but none refer to restarting resetting the jumplist again.

Have I missed the solution?, Can anyone advise?

:)

Tavi_Dog_Walker, Nov 28, 2020

2. Latest edge (chromium) jump list gone

Anyone else's jump list gone? I used to right click Edge on the pinned task bar or within start menu and it would show frequent sites. They seem to be missing now. I only see the option for a new windows and inprivate window (and to unpin). Not end of the world but i liked the little frequent jump list

Scottyboy99, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Jump lists on Task Bar not fully functional

Hi Stephenson,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Do you receive any error, while trying to add icon on the Jump List in the task bar?

• Do you receive any error, while trying to install arrange icon in the task bar?
    As per your query, I like to inform you that; you can arrange the icon in the task bar.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Open an Administrator CMD window (Type
    CMD in the Search bar or Press Windows Logo Key + X. Click on
    Command Prompt admin).

If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL + Shift + ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside "Create this task with administrative privileges".

• Type CMD.
    2) Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

3) If both the above commands are completed and show no remaining issues, run the PowerShell command and copy and paste the following:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4) Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt. If you see a red error, please try again. The command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be a larger problem with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 28, 2020
  4. MSEdge on Task bar has no right mouse jump list except for Edge

Edge jump lists

Thanks but I was referring to the jump lists that appear on the taskbar icons when you right click, not the top sites when you open a new tab. IE and Chrome have the jump lists, but Edge doesn't. Will it ever?

Don Quixote2, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

MSEdge on Task bar has no right mouse jump list except for Edge

1. MSEdge on Task bar has no right mouse jump list except for Edge - Similar Threads - MSEdge Task bar

2. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  3. JUMP Lists

in Windows 10 Customization
    JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  4. Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar

Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar: Jump Lists are not working. I have the icons for all the Office apps in the taskbar. I've been used to right-click the Excel icon, and then select the last file I was working on from the list. Now, the list is short and "random", even after having worked on several files. I...
  5. Latest edge (chromium) jump list gone

in Browsers and Email
    Latest edge (chromium) jump list gone: Anyone else's jump list gone? I used to right click Edge on the pinned task bar or within start menu and it would show frequent sites. They seem to be missing now. I only see the option for a new windows and inprivate window (and to unpin). Not end of the world but i liked...
  6. icons jump in task bar lower right

icons jump in task bar lower right: The task bar icons move around in lower right hand side of task bar. sometimes they stop. never know when they will start moving again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-jump-in-task-bar-lower-right/7a191653-1cd7-4a9a-924d-36d705e48c90
  7. Task Bar and Alphabetized List

Task Bar and Alphabetized List: Hello: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Desktop I updated an program. Afterward the entry for the program disappeared from the alphabetized list of the Start Menu. I searched for the executable and then right clicked and added to the task bar. An icon for the executable now shows...
  8. 64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list

64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list: When I installed 64 bit Office the task bar jump list reverted from the 30 items set via Regedit to the standard 10. Any ideas on how to fix that so that I get back to 30 items? Already tried deleting and adding back the registry hack that got me to 30. No joy....
  9. Jump list

Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  10. Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?: Hi. I have a problem with Edge recent jump list. It's not working correctly. See attachment. Is anybody else having this problem and does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks. 57212