Windows 10: MSERT appeared to download something while scanning

Discus and support MSERT appeared to download something while scanning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows security quarrantined a Trojan a few days ago and it showed as 'Remediation Incomplete'. After I'd deleted it I decided to run MSERT to make... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SteveLong1, Oct 17, 2020.

1. MSERT appeared to download something while scanning

Windows security quarrantined a Trojan a few days ago and it showed as 'Remediation Incomplete'. After I'd deleted it I decided to run MSERT to make sure it was gone. During the full scan, a popup informed me the program, Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool, was downloading a movie file from an unspecified location. It never exhibited this behaviour on either of my other two PCs, only the one that caught the virus. Should I be worried? The scan completed and reported no infections but it seemed an abrupt end as the progress bar wasn't near the end. I ran it again from a USB drive in safe mode. Reports clean. Anybody seen this behaviour?

MSERT appeared to download something while scanning [​IMG]

:)

SteveLong1, Oct 17, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 17, 2020
  3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Oct 17, 2020
  4. MSERT appeared to download something while scanning

Scanned files appear on server

Hi,

I realize that scanned files do not appear on the client computer instantly even though they appear on the server. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer the question to get more clarity on this issue:

• Is the server PC and this computer on a Domain Network?

If the computer is part of a Domain Network, then suggest you to post this question in the TechNet Forum

Technet forums

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

MSERT appeared to download something while scanning

1. MSERT appeared to download something while scanning - Similar Threads - MSERT appeared download

2. MSERT scan results confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT scan results confusing: While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted...
  3. MSERT scan results confusing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSERT scan results confusing: While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted...
  4. MSERT scan results confusing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Scan on line with MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan on line with MSERT: Since my pc have some flashes on screen i try to scan with MSERT AND found 5 ites infect ,,AT THE END results WAS :::::The scan completed saccessfully and no virus ,spyware ,and other potentially un wanted software THE 5 items infect where co ATTACHED screen print THANKING...
  6. Scan on line with MSERT

Scan on line with MSERT: Since my pc have some flashes on screen i try to scan with MSERT AND found 5 ites infect ,,AT THE END results WAS :::::The scan completed saccessfully and no virus ,spyware ,and other potentially un wanted software THE 5 items infect where co ATTACHED screen print THANKING...
  7. 120 Million files scanned in MSERT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    120 Million files scanned in MSERT: The other day, I went to run a full scan using Windows Defender and the scan had revealed that I had a Trojan. So I took the steps listed by Windows Defender and removed the trojan. As I was afraid of other files being potentially infected, I went to my organization and...
  8. 120 Million files scanned in MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    120 Million files scanned in MSERT: The other day, I went to run a full scan using Windows Defender and the scan had revealed that I had a Trojan. So I took the steps listed by Windows Defender and removed the trojan. As I was afraid of other files being potentially infected, I went to my organization and...
  9. 120 Million files scanned in MSERT

10. MSERT scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT scan: During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-scan/7f6d444a-cb30-411d-9834-e95b3802aeab