Windows 10: Msert.exe is downloading from OneDrive during Microsft Safety Scan

Discus and support Msert.exe is downloading from OneDrive during Microsft Safety Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been running the Microsoft Security Scanner's advanced scan for more than a day now (sidenote: 1,680, 443 file scanned and no maleware detected,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mohamed M. A., Sep 27, 2018.

1. Msert.exe is downloading from OneDrive during Microsft Safety Scan

I have been running the Microsoft Security Scanner's advanced scan for more than a day now (sidenote: 1,680, 443 file scanned and no maleware detected, although Security Center detected and warned of the trojan 'vbs/mutuodo.a')

During this scan, a OneDrive notification bubble appeared in the bottom right corner and indicated:

"Msert.exe is downloading from OneDrive"; it also included progress bar.

Is this normal during a scan?

:)

Mohamed M. A., Sep 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 27, 2018
  3. microsoft edge browser infected vith trojan virus

You can use the Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove malware from your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Go to the following Microsoft website:
      Microsoft Safety Scanner
    • Click Download Now. Follow the instructions to download and install the Microsoft Safety Scanner. When you are prompted, save the file to your desktop.
    • When the installation is complete, go to your desktop and double-click the
      Microsoft Safety Scanner icon. It may be listed as msert.
    • Click the Accept all terms of the preceding license agreement check box, and then click
      Next two times.
    • `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 27, 2018
  4. SWDawson Win User

Msert.exe is downloading from OneDrive during Microsft Safety Scan

Safety Scan does not find the problem

I have an infected computer so went to download the Safety Scan tool. It would not go to the site. So based on the first line of the site "You cannot download the

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    to your computer because your computer is infected by malware." After running the scan and it finishing without finding any virus files I attempted to go to the download site again. It still did
    not allow me to connect to the site. This is after Windows Defender was run and didn't find anything either. My next step is to blow away the computer unless someone has any other ideas.

Steve Dawson

SWDawson, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Msert.exe is downloading from OneDrive during Microsft Safety Scan

1. Msert.exe is downloading from OneDrive during Microsft Safety Scan - Similar Threads - Msert exe downloading

2. Scan on line with MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan on line with MSERT: Since my pc have some flashes on screen i try to scan with MSERT AND found 5 ites infect ,,AT THE END results WAS :::::The scan completed saccessfully and no virus ,spyware ,and other potentially un wanted software THE 5 items infect where co ATTACHED screen print THANKING...
  3. Scan on line with MSERT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan on line with MSERT: Since my pc have some flashes on screen i try to scan with MSERT AND found 5 ites infect ,,AT THE END results WAS :::::The scan completed saccessfully and no virus ,spyware ,and other potentially un wanted software THE 5 items infect where co ATTACHED screen print THANKING...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner's result is different from the result during the scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner's result is different from the result during the scan: I have run Microsoft Safety Scanner. While it is running it says there are 13 infected files, but when it has finished scanning it says that no infected files were found or removed. Both can't be correct. What should I do next?[Original Title: Microsoft Safety Scanner]...
  5. MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...

MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...: Like the title says, while I am running the Microsoft Security Scanner it shows that it found 4 infected files, yet when the scanner ends it says it found nothing, and shows no detections in the log. Has anyone ever seen this before, or know how to fix it?...
  6. MSERT Safety Scanner

MSERT Safety Scanner: Why would the MSERT Safety Scanner full scan show 59 files infected while scanning but ends with no files were infected and displays a green shield? I've ran Defender, McAfee Trend Micro and other virus programs, all reporting no infections....
  7. microsft safety scanner

microsft safety scanner: When running the Safety Scanner, the scan progress window indicates "Files Infected" count during the scan.I just ran a "Full" scan and the "Files Infected" count was 30when the scan ended, the scan issues a message that no files were infected. how is this possible? is the...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...: Latest Microsoft Safety Scanner msert 64 bit, shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at the end shows no infected files. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-msert-shows-files/2dee5d8b-8ada-417b-a305-a899e5d47ae2
  9. MSERT scan

MSERT scan: During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-scan/7f6d444a-cb30-411d-9834-e95b3802aeab
  10. MSERT appeared to download something while scanning

MSERT appeared to download something while scanning: Windows security quarrantined a Trojan a few days ago and it showed as 'Remediation Incomplete'. After I'd deleted it I decided to run MSERT to make sure it was gone. During the full scan, a popup informed me the program, Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool, was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msert 1 .exe is downloading from onedrive

2. msert.exe onedrive

3. msert(1).exe is downloading from onedrive