Windows 10: MSERT - False Positive Infections???

Discus and support MSERT - False Positive Infections??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I run all 3 of Microsofts scans on my laptop Windows 10: Full Scan, the Offline Scan, and MSERT. The Full Scanand Offline scan report NO infections,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KennyG_525, May 22, 2021.

1. MSERT - False Positive Infections???

I run all 3 of Microsofts scans on my laptop Windows 10: Full Scan, the Offline Scan, and MSERT. The Full Scanand Offline scan report NO infections, viruses or malware. DURING the MSERT scan, 6 infections are reported. At the COMPLETION of the MSERT scan, it comes back and says NO viruses, malware, infections

:)

KennyG_525, May 22, 2021
  2. Snixtor Win User

False positive for desktop shortcut scanner.lnk

The 1.239.488.0 virus / spyware definition update that rolled out about 24 hours ago appears to be producing a false positive for any shortcut placed on the desktop called "Scanner.lnk". I can consistently replicate a false positive for Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef
    with the following steps.

• Create a shortcut to an exe file.
    • Place the shortcut on the desktop.
    • Name the shortcut "Scanner".
    • Run "Quick Scan".
    I don't get the same result by directly scanning the file, nor by uploading the file to www.virustotal.com, so it would appear this is as a result of a heuristic rather than a file content analysis. I also don't get the same result with a shortcut that links
    to a website.

Can anyone else replicate? How can we go about getting the Windows Defender team to reconsider this heuristic? It's a bit heavy-handed.

Snixtor, May 22, 2021
  3. Nod32 possible false positive?

After installing Nod32, it started an initial scan. So far, it has found seven infections. Some of which I am not so sure about. 2 of the 7 infections are Kingsoft WPS office suit and OBS (Open Broadcast Software). I'm wondering if they are false positive or do they really contain some malicious codes.

GoFigureItOut, May 22, 2021
  4. MSERT - False Positive Infections???

Problem KB890830 false positives ? Q=101000 fichiers infectes ????

Hi Anne

Thanks for the info, presently will update to Win10 1706, will see what happens next. Still wondering what would cause the "Fichers infectes"....are the false positives due to...drivers not signed or signatures out of date ? permission ? executables ? the
    infected file count tended to climb in "driver" folders or in "script / exe " files. The machine in Question dates back to Vista and still has some Vista drivers floating around.

I'll let you know how the update goes

Thanks M

MartineMarest-Traub, May 22, 2021
Thema:

MSERT - False Positive Infections???

1. MSERT - False Positive Infections??? - Similar Threads - MSERT False Positive

2. False positive??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False positive??: Hello! I downloaded a file from web and I think I got viruses or malware from it. First, Windows Defender notified me that I got malware and I deleted all the temp and patched files from my laptop and scanned it after with Microsoft Security Scan and it said I have 0 files...
  3. False positive??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    False positive??: Hello! I downloaded a file from web and I think I got viruses or malware from it. First, Windows Defender notified me that I got malware and I deleted all the temp and patched files from my laptop and scanned it after with Microsoft Security Scan and it said I have 0 files...
  4. Is this a false positive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a false positive: I'm pretty scared cause I clicked on this link for help and it flagged as malicious https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/419ed1cdabbd93e665156658d341edf1ef001c4158864fa4ca2ad501839a3dd7?nocache=1...
  5. Is this a false positive

Is this a false positive: I'm pretty scared cause I clicked on this link for help and it flagged as malicious https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/419ed1cdabbd93e665156658d341edf1ef001c4158864fa4ca2ad501839a3dd7?nocache=1...
  6. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in protection history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT...
  7. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are...
  8. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are...
  9. MSERT false positives?

MSERT false positives?: Recently when running MSERT, as the program runs it keeps indicating it has found malware, then when finished running it most often says it found nothing. Today I ran it and while running it said it had found 64 malware, and when finished running over 4 hours it had only one...
  10. is this a false positive or no?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is this a false positive or no?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GloomyMusician24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lb83rc/is_this_a_false_positive_or_no/