Windows 10: MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

Discus and support MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Doug Revell 82, May 9, 2022.

1. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found. But when it finished this morning it reported that the scan had completed successfully, and no viruses etc had been found.Anyone know what is going on here?

:)

Doug Revell 82, May 9, 2022
  2. howarddy Win User

Win 10 MSERT -- no report?

I have a sluggish system and ran the MSERT security scanner.

The quick scan finds nothing.

The deep scan immediately found one "infected" file and found up to 5 after scanning 3/4ths of my system.

That was about midnight so I let it run overnight. And it was gone. No report.

I don't know if the results are stored somewhere while in progress.

I am running Win 10 home, converted from 8.1 a few months ago.

I am re-running the deep scan again, but i am expecting the same result -- that the program will terminate at some point.

Is there a way to get partial results while its running??

howarddy, May 9, 2022
  3. djbillyd Win User
    MSERT freezes after 12 hours!

And what will that give me? It was doing it's "processing" thing anyway. No problem. It said it found 113 "infected" files, but the report only listed 5. I think it's just a lazy person's application anyway. Any "one size fits all" application is not really
    that dependable. Windows Defender is made by the same company that made MSERT. Why would I expect it to be better "instead"?

Thanks Cyber_Defend_Team.

djbillyd, May 9, 2022
  4. Compumind Win User

MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

Threats detected by Windows Defender

@apz -

Suggestion:

MSERT is flagging quite a bit.

That would be quite a list of exclusions and shocking for MSERT to report like that if there are no exclusions set in WD.
    I would also pass some or all of the files in question past VirusTotal.

VirusTotal

If they are OK - you're done.

*Think

Compumind, May 9, 2022
Thema:

MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

1. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none - Similar Threads - MSERT finds viruses

2. The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr": Hello Every body: I found a issue when I push most of process into EcoQos, The "Unknown[None]" will high than not use EcoQos. I don't know what the reason of this, Please help me. Thank you!!...
  3. The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr": Hello Every body: I found a issue when I push most of process into EcoQos, The "Unknown[None]" will high than not use EcoQos. I don't know what the reason of this, Please help me. Thank you!!...
  4. Why is MSERT is not producing a report even when it finds infected files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is MSERT is not producing a report even when it finds infected files?: I ran the MSERT. It found infected files. No report was produced. Why? So are the files removed or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-msert-is-not-producing-a-report-even-when/640f8173-271d-4b45-889e-7b5843276c83
  5. Why is MSERT is not producing a report even when it finds infected files?

Why is MSERT is not producing a report even when it finds infected files?: I ran the MSERT. It found infected files. No report was produced. Why? So are the files removed or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-msert-is-not-producing-a-report-even-when/640f8173-271d-4b45-889e-7b5843276c83
  6. MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware: So recently i was copying a file from my laptop to a usb flash drive, unfortunately there are virus in it, i've 'cleaned' it with smadav but im not really sure if it works, a few days later i notice my laptop has been slowed a bit when booting, and i also got a notification...
  7. MSERT Reports 21 Infections But Report Says Its Clean...The MSERT.txt log also just reports...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT Reports 21 Infections But Report Says Its Clean...The MSERT.txt log also just reports...: I ran a full MSERT scan and it showed 21 infections while it was runningWhen it finished the report indicated that it was clean...no infectionsI dug into Windows C:/Windows/debug/msert.txt and it just showed the final reportNo detail about the infectionsI looked at time...
  8. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none: I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found. But when it finished this morning it reported that the scan had completed successfully, and no viruses etc had been...
  9. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none: I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found. But when it finished this morning it reported that the scan had completed successfully, and no viruses etc had been...
  10. Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!: OK, I have some problems with Windows home 10 Swedish. I get error messages that .Net has done an exception 5-10 times / day and other small strange things happen. I was tired of this so I went for a full scan and did not find anything. I installed (one at a time) fsecure,...