Windows 10: MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors

Discus and support MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I commonly run MSERT every week as additional virus checking on my various computers. This week it detected two backdoors: PHP/Dirtelti.MTF and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonRetzlaff, Oct 6, 2020.

1. MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors

I commonly run MSERT every week as additional virus checking on my various computers. This week it detected two backdoors: PHP/Dirtelti.MTF and PHP/Dirtelti:MTG. The explanations I've found for these is vague at best. There's no indication with the tool which files were infected., just that they were removed. I run a localhost Apache server on this machine for personal scripts. It would be nice if the MSERT tool gave me more information about the backdoors and their related files so I can try and track down issues caused by them.

:)

DonRetzlaff, Oct 6, 2020

2. Trojan detected by msert

Hi. I runned Microsoft Scanner (msert) and after a while the result was: "TrojanDownloader:JS/Nemucod → Partially eliminated."

I have Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. How can I totally remove this Trojan? Thanks in advance.

Dr. RafaelGarcia Rosas, Oct 6, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    Any further steps indicated for these detected malware?

Laptop hangs unexpectedly

Ref is made to above thread wherein zbook asks for Any further steps indicated for these detected malware?

Await Yours,

ram93, Oct 6, 2020
  4. pke225 Win User

MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors

Looking For Msert file

Microsoft usually releases a file called MSERT once a month. The current one will no longer work. You must have a new release. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction to obtain this file. I have spent quite a while looking for it and thought it
    came from a Microsoft Tools page.

Thanks

Paul

pke225, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors

1. MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors - Similar Threads - MSERT indicating actual

2. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...: Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were deleted...
  3. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...: Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were deleted...
  4. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. backdoors

backdoors: My pc recently I think got hacked because windows defender keeps saying everyday that i have new backdoors in files like spotify , nvcontainer , amd , etc. Can you guys help me fix this because I dont want my pc to blue screen. Thanks!...
  6. Looking For Msert file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking For Msert file: Microsoft usually releases a file called MSERT once a month. The current one will no longer work. You must have a new release. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction to obtain this file. I have spent quite a while looking for it and thought it came from a Microsoft...
  7. 'Musecador' backdoor was detected

'Musecador' backdoor was detected: We have received 'Musecador' backdoor was detected alert on Defender for about 35 user machines. When Investigated further on this alert, PreSignInSettingsConfig.json detected as Backdoor:BAT/Musecador.A by Windows Defender, generated by OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe and a...
  8. Musecador backdoor was detected

Musecador backdoor was detected: PreSignInSettingsConfig.json detected as Backdoor:BAT/Musecador.A by Windows Defender, generated by OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe and a VirusTotal detection ratio: 1/68 according to Microsoft Defender ATP but when checking this manually at virustotal.com the detection rate...
  9. Trojan detected by msert

Trojan detected by msert: Hi. I runned Microsoft Scanner (msert) and after a while the result was: "TrojanDownloader:JS/Nemucod → Partially eliminated." I have Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. How can I totally remove this Trojan? Thanks in advance....
  10. "no scanners were detected"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "no scanners were detected": After installing the latest (10/18) windows 10 update I get a no scanners detected message when trying to scan docs. Printer works fine to print, but I can't get computer to recognize it as a scanner. Scanning worked before update, but not now. I guess I will be told to...