Windows 10: MSERT Reports 21 Infections But Report Says Its Clean...The MSERT.txt log also just reports...

Discus and support MSERT Reports 21 Infections But Report Says Its Clean...The MSERT.txt log also just reports... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran a full MSERT scan and it showed 21 infections while it was runningWhen it finished the report indicated that it was clean...no infectionsI dug... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FredVierra, Jun 18, 2022.

1. MSERT Reports 21 Infections But Report Says Its Clean...The MSERT.txt log also just reports...

I ran a full MSERT scan and it showed 21 infections while it was runningWhen it finished the report indicated that it was clean...no infectionsI dug into Windows C:/Windows/debug/msert.txt and it just showed the final reportNo detail about the infectionsI looked at time stamps and found the following in windows C:/windows/debug/WIAthere was a wiatrace text file but I could not make sense of the detail and not sure if it is connected to thisI am at WIndows 10 and have downloaded the latest msertAm I ok? safe?

:)

FredVierra, Jun 18, 2022
  2. howarddy Win User

Win 10 MSERT -- no report?

I have a sluggish system and ran the MSERT security scanner.

The quick scan finds nothing.

The deep scan immediately found one "infected" file and found up to 5 after scanning 3/4ths of my system.

That was about midnight so I let it run overnight. And it was gone. No report.

I don't know if the results are stored somewhere while in progress.

I am running Win 10 home, converted from 8.1 a few months ago.

I am re-running the deep scan again, but i am expecting the same result -- that the program will terminate at some point.

Is there a way to get partial results while its running??

howarddy, Jun 18, 2022
  3. djbillyd Win User
    MSERT freezes after 12 hours!

And what will that give me? It was doing it's "processing" thing anyway. No problem. It said it found 113 "infected" files, but the report only listed 5. I think it's just a lazy person's application anyway. Any "one size fits all" application is not really
    that dependable. Windows Defender is made by the same company that made MSERT. Why would I expect it to be better "instead"?

Thanks Cyber_Defend_Team.

djbillyd, Jun 18, 2022
  4. MSERT Reports 21 Infections But Report Says Its Clean...The MSERT.txt log also just reports...

MS Safety Scanner - During run reports "3 virus found". At End of Run "Results Summary: No infection found"

I download msert, the MS Malware Scanner, every few days, and run it over-night. In the morning when I start the day it has completed and has always reported "No infection found". Last night I checked in on the run after midnight. The progress bar was
    about 2/3 complete and, as always, there was a "blur" of files being scanned reported in a text box. I noticed that 3 viruses had been found, which caused me some concern. However, this morning, as usual, the run had completed and reports, "No viruses found".
    I checked the log file, mrt.log. It too reports "No infection found".

I know its probably just some junk email that has a virus attachment, but shouldn't the details be reported in the log?

Thanks

JohnNewton3, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

MSERT Reports 21 Infections But Report Says Its Clean...The MSERT.txt log also just reports...

1. MSERT Reports 21 Infections But Report Says Its Clean...The MSERT.txt log also just reports... - Similar Threads - MSERT Reports Infections

2. Why is MSERT is not producing a report even when it finds infected files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is MSERT is not producing a report even when it finds infected files?: I ran the MSERT. It found infected files. No report was produced. Why? So are the files removed or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-msert-is-not-producing-a-report-even-when/640f8173-271d-4b45-889e-7b5843276c83
  3. Why is MSERT is not producing a report even when it finds infected files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is MSERT is not producing a report even when it finds infected files?: I ran the MSERT. It found infected files. No report was produced. Why? So are the files removed or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-msert-is-not-producing-a-report-even-when/640f8173-271d-4b45-889e-7b5843276c83
  4. Running MCert and it reports over 1000 infected files but ends with a report screen and log...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running MCert and it reports over 1000 infected files but ends with a report screen and log...: The scan takes about 17 hours, I have run it about 3 times and each time it clicks up the number of infected files to something over 1000. The first time it ended with a report of finding and fixing one issue. The next two had the same report of over 1000 infected files but...
  5. MSERT during scanning showed 7 infected files, but at the end no any report about those...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT during scanning showed 7 infected files, but at the end no any report about those...: I don't know what happened those 7 infected files. This is not so new for me, every time usually it has been the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-during-scanning-showed-7-infected-files-but/3da3a8f4-41d6-4322-9d7a-e37ad7519c4d
  6. MSERT during scanning showed 7 infected files, but at the end no any report about those...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT during scanning showed 7 infected files, but at the end no any report about those...: I don't know what happened those 7 infected files. This is not so new for me, every time usually it has been the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-during-scanning-showed-7-infected-files-but/3da3a8f4-41d6-4322-9d7a-e37ad7519c4d
  7. MSERT during scanning showed 7 infected files, but at the end no any report about those...

8. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none: I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found. But when it finished this morning it reported that the scan had completed successfully, and no viruses etc had been...
  9. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none: I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found. But when it finished this morning it reported that the scan had completed successfully, and no viruses etc had been...
  10. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none