Windows 10: MSERT Safety Scanner

Discus and support MSERT Safety Scanner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why would the MSERT Safety Scanner full scan show 59 files infected while scanning but ends with no files were infected and displays a green shield?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Obijuan999, Aug 12, 2021.

1. MSERT Safety Scanner

Why would the MSERT Safety Scanner full scan show 59 files infected while scanning but ends with no files were infected and displays a green shield? I've ran Defender, McAfee Trend Micro and other virus programs, all reporting no infections.

:)

Obijuan999, Aug 12, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Aug 12, 2021
  3. microsoft edge browser infected vith trojan virus

You can use the Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove malware from your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Go to the following Microsoft website:
      Microsoft Safety Scanner
    • Click Download Now. Follow the instructions to download and install the Microsoft Safety Scanner. When you are prompted, save the file to your desktop.
    • When the installation is complete, go to your desktop and double-click the
      Microsoft Safety Scanner icon. It may be listed as msert.
    • Click the Accept all terms of the preceding license agreement check box, and then click
      Next two times.
    • `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 12, 2021
  4. MSERT Safety Scanner

Update Issue Safety Scanner

If you are using Windows Defender, you won't need Safety Scanner, as Windows Defender contains all malwares which are in Safety Scanner list and it has additional protection like cloud-protection, just make sure it is update and run a full system scan with
    it.

Do you have access to those files which has been detected with ESET?

Could you post back the list of malware?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

MSERT Safety Scanner

1. MSERT Safety Scanner - Similar Threads - MSERT Safety Scanner

2. SAFETY SCANNER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAFETY SCANNER: Where do i find results from the safety scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safety-scanner/9f5891fb-82b3-42cc-8494-d7555d99757f
  3. Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT

Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT: Hello all! I have an HP Omen desktop with Win10 Home and my OS Build is 19045.2673. There appears to be a problem with the latest builds of Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT 64 and 32 bit. I have downloaded this several times today and each time I try to open it I get this error...
  4. Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT: Hello all! I have an HP Omen desktop with Win10 Home and my OS Build is 19045.2673. There appears to be a problem with the latest builds of Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT 64 and 32 bit. I have downloaded this several times today and each time I try to open it I get this error...
  5. Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Question about the MSERT scanner

Question about the MSERT scanner: I have a question about the MSERT scanner. It works fine, but during the scan it says "files infected: 4" and when the scan is finished it says there are no threats found. The log also says no threats found. How is that possible? What are these 4 infected files during the...
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.: Over the past year or so, running a Full Scan with the current at the time Microsoft Safety Scanner / msert has sometimes taken about 1 1/2 hours up to 60 hours and times in between, based on info in C:\Windows\debug\mrt.log and msert.log as well as what I've observed. My...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.: Over the past year or so, running a Full Scan with the current at the time Microsoft Safety Scanner / msert has sometimes taken about 1 1/2 hours up to 60 hours and times in between, based on info in C:\Windows\debug\mrt.log and msert.log as well as what I've observed. My...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

10. Does MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner no longer work on Win XP?

Does MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner no longer work on Win XP?: Up till the end of April, I have been downloading and running MSERT.EXE weekly. This month it downloads but dies when executed. The MSERT.LOG contains a truncated entry which does not contain the version of the software or date but only this cryptic error: Return code: 4...