Windows 10: MSERT scan results confusing

Discus and support MSERT scan results confusing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by david belcher, Mar 15, 2024.

1. MSERT scan results confusing

While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted software was detected. It did not provide a report showing any harmful files or software, so I am not sure what to believe. Why would the scan show 2 files infected during the scanning process, but then indicated nothing was found at the end of the scan? Any help would be appreciated; thanks.

:)

david belcher, Mar 15, 2024
Thema:

MSERT scan results confusing

1. MSERT scan results confusing - Similar Threads - MSERT scan results

2. MSERT scan results confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT scan results confusing: While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted...
  3. MSERT scan results confusing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSERT scan results confusing: While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted...
  4. Scan on line with MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan on line with MSERT: Since my pc have some flashes on screen i try to scan with MSERT AND found 5 ites infect ,,AT THE END results WAS :::::The scan completed saccessfully and no virus ,spyware ,and other potentially un wanted software THE 5 items infect where co ATTACHED screen print THANKING...
  5. Scan on line with MSERT

Scan on line with MSERT: Since my pc have some flashes on screen i try to scan with MSERT AND found 5 ites infect ,,AT THE END results WAS :::::The scan completed saccessfully and no virus ,spyware ,and other potentially un wanted software THE 5 items infect where co ATTACHED screen print THANKING...
  6. Scan results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan results: Slow processing caused me to run Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.369.612.0. While the running, it counted 23 infected files but ended with the statement "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected." This makes...
  7. Scan results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scan results: Slow processing caused me to run Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.369.612.0. While the running, it counted 23 infected files but ended with the statement "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected." This makes...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  10. MSERT scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT scan: During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-scan/7f6d444a-cb30-411d-9834-e95b3802aeab