Windows 10: MSERT scan

Discus and support MSERT scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonHoffman3, May 4, 2021.

1. MSERT scan

During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why?

:)

DonHoffman3, May 4, 2021

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 4, 2021
  3. MSERT appeared to download something while scanning

Windows security quarrantined a Trojan a few days ago and it showed as 'Remediation Incomplete'. After I'd deleted it I decided to run MSERT to make sure it was gone. During the full scan, a popup informed me the program, Microsoft Support Emergency Response
    Tool, was downloading a movie file from an unspecified location. It never exhibited this behaviour on either of my other two PCs, only the one that caught the virus. Should I be worried? The scan completed and reported no infections but it seemed an abrupt
    end as the progress bar wasn't near the end. I ran it again from a USB drive in safe mode. Reports clean. Anybody seen this behaviour?

MSERT scan [​IMG]

SteveLong1, May 4, 2021
  4. tuhakreh Win User

MSERT scan

do i need MSERT

hey

do i need MSERT to keep the computer securized

tuhakreh, May 4, 2021
Thema:

MSERT scan

1. MSERT scan - Similar Threads - MSERT scan

2. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  3. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  4. MSERT scan results confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT scan results confusing: While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted...
  5. MSERT scan results confusing

MSERT scan results confusing: While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted...
  6. MSERT scan results confusing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...: Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were deleted...
  8. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...: Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were deleted...
  9. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Defender offline and full scan show infection. Downloaded MSERT. It's run over 24 hours and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender offline and full scan show infection. Downloaded MSERT. It's run over 24 hours and...: I refreshed Win 10 saving data. Updated immediately and ran offline scan. Infected but unable to resolve. Ran full scan. It showed pages of infection. Tried to resolve. Failed. Downloaded MSERT and ran . It froze at about 80 percent. Still at this point after 44 hours. A...