Windows 10: MSERT scan

Discus and support MSERT scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonHoffman3, May 4, 2021 at 9:17 AM.

1. MSERT scan

During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why?

:)

DonHoffman3, May 4, 2021 at 9:17 AM

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 4, 2021 at 9:22 AM
  3. MSERT appeared to download something while scanning

Windows security quarrantined a Trojan a few days ago and it showed as 'Remediation Incomplete'. After I'd deleted it I decided to run MSERT to make sure it was gone. During the full scan, a popup informed me the program, Microsoft Support Emergency Response
    Tool, was downloading a movie file from an unspecified location. It never exhibited this behaviour on either of my other two PCs, only the one that caught the virus. Should I be worried? The scan completed and reported no infections but it seemed an abrupt
    end as the progress bar wasn't near the end. I ran it again from a USB drive in safe mode. Reports clean. Anybody seen this behaviour?

MSERT scan [​IMG]

4. tuhakreh Win User

MSERT scan

do i need MSERT

hey

do i need MSERT to keep the computer securized

Thema:

MSERT scan

1. MSERT scan - Similar Threads - MSERT scan

2. MSERT utility

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT utility: Hello, I am running the MSERT utility and during the scan it shows that 17 files are infected, but when it finishes the scan it says that the scan was completed successfully and nothing was found. Nevertheless, I do noticed that my computer is slower than normal....
  3. Msert and Malicious Software Removal Tool

Msert and Malicious Software Removal Tool: Since November 2020 Microsoft Safety Scanner Msert and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool have been stating there are infected files during the scan. When the scan finishes, both say nothing was found. The number is increasing. I did a clean install of Windows 10...
  4. MSERT stuck at the end

MSERT stuck at the end: I tried to run a full scan with MSERT since my pc keeps freezing/crashing for no apparent reason, however, after about 3 hours of scan it keeps being stuck at the end, always while analyzing the same file, Java Update Scheduler jusched.exe, but I don't know if it's related....
  5. What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT?

What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT?: Whats the difference between Microsoft Security (Windows Defender) / Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) and Microsoft Safety Scanner? Ive been looking at the Microsoft articles on these tools and some posts I googled. Im still confused about when I should use...
  6. MSERT appeared to download something while scanning

MSERT appeared to download something while scanning: Windows security quarrantined a Trojan a few days ago and it showed as 'Remediation Incomplete'. After I'd deleted it I decided to run MSERT to make sure it was gone. During the full scan, a popup informed me the program, Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool, was...
  7. MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors

MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors: I commonly run MSERT every week as additional virus checking on my various computers. This week it detected two backdoors: PHP/Dirtelti.MTF and PHP/Dirtelti:MTG. The explanations I've found for these is vague at best. There's no indication with the tool which files were...
  8. Looking For Msert file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking For Msert file: Microsoft usually releases a file called MSERT once a month. The current one will no longer work. You must have a new release. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction to obtain this file. I have spent quite a while looking for it and thought it came from a Microsoft...
  9. do i need MSERT

do i need MSERT: hey do i need MSERT to keep the computer securized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-msert/1bc00229-811e-40e1-b875-e3eefc750336
  10. MSERT

MSERT: My windows defender is up to date. Do I need MSERT? Does MSERT have any additional features more than windows defender scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/msert/43de52bb-1e5e-4dd9-88f8-391376ca2344