Windows 10: MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

Discus and support MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So recently i was copying a file from my laptop to a usb flash drive, unfortunately there are virus in it, i've 'cleaned' it with smadav but im not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wyndha, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Wyndha Win User

MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

So recently i was copying a file from my laptop to a usb flash drive, unfortunately there are virus in it, i've 'cleaned' it with smadav but im not really sure if it works, a few days later i notice my laptop has been slowed a bit when booting, and i also got a notification from virus and threat protection that there are some threat, when i check on it there is a bunch of viruses that has been blocked and quarantined but there are also some 'remeditation incomplete', so i decided to install MSERT and do a full scan, it says that there are 23 files infected but at the end is says there are no v

:)

Wyndha, Apr 13, 2023
  2. Skrawczyn Win User

MSERT

What are the 243 infected files found while scanning? When MSERT finishes, it says; The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected.

Skrawczyn, Apr 13, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    MSERT

Hi Sam,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Where did you see an indication that MSERT found infected files, was that while the scan was running, and at the end of the scan did it indicate it found malware or did it indicate nothing was found?

DaveM121, Apr 13, 2023
  4. Skrawczyn Win User

MSERT

Hello All, thanks for your responses.

I downloaded the MSERT from Microsoft support and there's

only 3 options to scan. Quick scan, Full scan and Quick scan with

a custom file addition. The first Quick scan showed 232 infections

while scanning as I stated. Well I ran a full scan and found 243 while

scanning. It seems to be finding the Pups in each scan but DOESN'T

remove them.?

At the root of my problem is. I was hacked last week and want to be sure

I'm clean as possible. Does it sound like MSERT has been helpful? I've locked

down and changed the necessary items.

What's a needed next step? much thanks SK.

Skrawczyn, Apr 13, 2023
Thema:

1. MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware - Similar Threads - MSERT scanned files

2. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  3. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  4. Infected file by a virus

Infected file by a virus: Hey guys. I have a problem and my problem is that, my laptop had a virus and i was able to remove it but my files were infected and i can't open them like videos and photos etc. I wanna know if is there anyway to fix them, because i really need them and the virus added an...
  5. MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware: So recently i was copying a file from my laptop to a usb flash drive, unfortunately there are virus in it, i've 'cleaned' it with smadav but im not really sure if it works, a few days later i notice my laptop has been slowed a bit when booting, and i also got a notification...
  6. free virus and malware scans

free virus and malware scans: what are free virus and malware scans that can be downloaded and are legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-virus-and-malware-scans/74132a42-ce4e-4d89-a342-c42804750c66
  7. free virus and malware scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    free virus and malware scans: what are free virus and malware scans that can be downloaded and are legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-virus-and-malware-scans/74132a42-ce4e-4d89-a342-c42804750c66
  8. free virus and malware scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. MSERT scan

MSERT scan: During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-scan/7f6d444a-cb30-411d-9834-e95b3802aeab
  10. Computer infected with Trojan Virus and Malware

Computer infected with Trojan Virus and Malware: My computer has a problem as it has been infected with Trojan virus and malware and adware as well and the keys are not working the desktop icons are not appearing and I can't use the desktop itself and even the local C drive is also affected in user data now how to repair...