Windows 10: msert

Discus and support msert in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I download MSERT and try to run it I get an security message from Windows "Windows protected your PC" Please fix this, your own Microsoft program... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LUVSITE, Aug 24, 2019.

1. LUVSITE Win User

msert

When I download MSERT and try to run it I get an security message from Windows "Windows protected your PC" Please fix this, your own Microsoft program should not be rejected. The rest of the message is actually "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk." This has bothered me for years.

:)

LUVSITE, Aug 24, 2019
  2. djbillyd Win User

MSERT freezes after 12 hours!

And what will that give me? It was doing it's "processing" thing anyway. No problem. It said it found 113 "infected" files, but the report only listed 5. I think it's just a lazy person's application anyway. Any "one size fits all" application is not really
    that dependable. Windows Defender is made by the same company that made MSERT. Why would I expect it to be better "instead"?

Thanks Cyber_Defend_Team.

djbillyd, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Security check MSert

I ran MSert on my laptop and it did not stop file checking after 4 1/2 hours and viewing 617900 files. What is going on here

David MartinAC, Aug 24, 2019
  4. msert

Trojan detected by msert

Hi. I runned Microsoft Scanner (msert) and after a while the result was: "TrojanDownloader:JS/Nemucod → Partially eliminated."

I have Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. How can I totally remove this Trojan? Thanks in advance.

Dr. RafaelGarcia Rosas, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

msert

1. msert - Similar Threads - msert

2. MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...: Like the title says, while I am running the Microsoft Security Scanner it shows that it found 4 infected files, yet when the scanner ends it says it found nothing, and shows no detections in the log. Has anyone ever seen this before, or know how to fix it?...
  3. W-10 Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool - MSERT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W-10 Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool - MSERT: Used Microsoft MSERT to run a *full scan of Windows 10x64. At one time during the scan, MSERT indicated 70 files were corrupt. At the end of the scan, MSERT indicated NO corrupt files were found. I could *not find a Log file for the Scan !!! Advice ?thank you....
  4. MSERT Safety Scanner

MSERT Safety Scanner: Why would the MSERT Safety Scanner full scan show 59 files infected while scanning but ends with no files were infected and displays a green shield? I've ran Defender, McAfee Trend Micro and other virus programs, all reporting no infections....
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...: Latest Microsoft Safety Scanner msert 64 bit, shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at the end shows no infected files. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-msert-shows-files/2dee5d8b-8ada-417b-a305-a899e5d47ae2
  6. MSERT - False Positive Infections???

MSERT - False Positive Infections???: I run all 3 of Microsofts scans on my laptop Windows 10: Full Scan, the Offline Scan, and MSERT. The Full Scanand Offline scan report NO infections, viruses or malware. DURING the MSERT scan, 6 infections are reported. At the COMPLETION of the MSERT scan, it comes back and...
  7. MSERT false positives?

MSERT false positives?: Recently when running MSERT, as the program runs it keeps indicating it has found malware, then when finished running it most often says it found nothing. Today I ran it and while running it said it had found 64 malware, and when finished running over 4 hours it had only one...
  8. MSERT scan

MSERT scan: During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-scan/7f6d444a-cb30-411d-9834-e95b3802aeab
  9. MSERT utility

MSERT utility: Hello, I am running the MSERT utility and during the scan it shows that 17 files are infected, but when it finishes the scan it says that the scan was completed successfully and nothing was found. Nevertheless, I do noticed that my computer is slower than normal....
  10. Msert and Malicious Software Removal Tool

Msert and Malicious Software Removal Tool: Since November 2020 Microsoft Safety Scanner Msert and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool have been stating there are infected files during the scan. When the scan finishes, both say nothing was found. The number is increasing. I did a clean install of Windows 10...