Windows 10: MSFS Installation Problem with Premium 10 Disk Installation Version

Discus and support MSFS Installation Problem with Premium 10 Disk Installation Version in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I installed the contents of all 10 disks onto my PC and it appeared, the launcher also. However, having found no way of launching the program from the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MichaelPotten, Nov 4, 2020.

1. MSFS Installation Problem with Premium 10 Disk Installation Version

I installed the contents of all 10 disks onto my PC and it appeared, the launcher also. However, having found no way of launching the program from the launcher despite a good search I decided that perhaps I needed to re-install as something must have gone wrong. I attempted to remove via the Apps option in in Windows settings but it wasn't there. I looked for MSFS in the Registry but found no evidence of it in there. In desperation I deleted the locally installed files from my PC.

I then attempted to re-install from disk 1, however, rather than start an installation it simply fires up the launcher and advises me that I that I have already purchased MSFS. So, I am apparently unable to start a fresh installation.

Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mike

:)

MichaelPotten, Nov 4, 2020

2. Installing downloaded version of MSFS 2020 over Game Pass for PC version

I have been using the Game Pass for PC version of MSFS 2020 Standard for the last month to try the new version of the game. I now wish to purchase, download and install the Premium Edition of MSFS 2020 to replace/overlay/convert the Game Pass version.

Are there any identified issues with performing this task? Will my existing logbook, graphics/other settings, liveries, cached files, etc. be retained? In other words, will the installation be seamless, keeping all my old data and simply require the "digital
    key" to activate the software?

Thanks in advance for any information the community can provide.

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Wings, Nov 4, 2020
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Steam does not install from disk?!?!

no you're doing steps 1 and 2 wrong. steam creates the directory, you stop steam and then you install the game from the disk to that directory.

also steam must be off, not in offline mode but off, aka no steam services in the task manager when you install the game.

yogurt_21, Nov 4, 2020
  4. MSFS Installation Problem with Premium 10 Disk Installation Version

Ubuntu installation problem?

@xfire
    I have tried installing to notebook, still have the same problem.
    anyway, thanks for the suggestion. *Smile MSFS Installation Problem with Premium 10 Disk Installation Version :)

Rickson Surya, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

MSFS Installation Problem with Premium 10 Disk Installation Version

1. MSFS Installation Problem with Premium 10 Disk Installation Version - Similar Threads - MSFS Installation Problem

2. MSFS 2020 Will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS 2020 Will not install: I have been through many different posts here and from lots of other sites trying to get MSFS 2020 to install with no luck. I have uninstalled and re-installed MS Store, MS Xbox app, Gaming services, etc. and it still fails. I have even done a reset on my Windows and blew...
  3. MSFS 2020 Will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Will not install: I have been through many different posts here and from lots of other sites trying to get MSFS 2020 to install with no luck. I have uninstalled and re-installed MS Store, MS Xbox app, Gaming services, etc. and it still fails. I have even done a reset on my Windows and blew...
  4. Unable to install MSFS 2020.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install MSFS 2020.: I get an error code ox00000001 to uninstall gaming services and to reinstall it however the workaround steps do not work. Any idea how I can resolve this? I have tried everything from updating windows to following the powershell commands as listed in the help sites....
  5. MSFS Premium Deluxe Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS Premium Deluxe Version: Hello everybody, I bought MSFS Premium Deluxe version on MS store. I click to play, but the game is not starting. One error message on the screen: "let me wait for the appearance of the game." LOL, WHAT THE HELL??? I played 60 hours last year with msfs2020 Somebody help...
  6. MSFS Install issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MSFS Install issues: I started download using the box set. Got through to disk 8/10 and went to sleep. I woke up and PC had gone into sleep mode. I cant restart the install and my PC now says there is not enough disk space. Can anyone offer some advice. Thanks....
  7. Un-install msfs 2020 and re-install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Un-install msfs 2020 and re-install: Hi I need to un-install this-I think the airbus A320 has an issue. Can you please advise how to remove it-I do not see it in my control panel add/ remove list. Once un-installed,can I re-install from my store,at the moment when I tied install...it goes to play . Many...
  8. How do I install the digital version of msfs 2020

How do I install the digital version of msfs 2020: I updated my windows 10 version and am trying to fly , I need some operating info please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-the-digital-version-of-msfs-2020/792abccc-20e2-4242-b4b6-001bcd822d1b
  9. msfs 2020 installation

msfs 2020 installation: hi i keep reciveing an error message after instaalation i load the game up and then get a message saying unable to sync your data right now can anybody help with this....
  10. Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem: I had Malwarebytes Premium Installed until recently but, about 09 Sept, it seems to have become downgraded to the free version. I tried reinserting my Identifier and Key but these were not accepted. I then tried to reinstall the program from my Downloads folder but that has...