Windows 10: MSFT to Release Low-Cost/Free Windows 10 with Bing branding

Discus and support MSFT to Release Low-Cost/Free Windows 10 with Bing branding in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel plans to launch a device running Windows 10 with Bing Microsoft is working with partners to bring cheaper devices to the market and help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Jun 3, 2015.

1. z3r010 Win User

MSFT to Release Low-Cost/Free Windows 10 with Bing branding

Read more: Microsoft to Release Low-Cost/Free Windows 10 with Bing Branding - Softpedia

:)

z3r010, Jun 3, 2015

2. Windows 8.1 with Bing

.<QP>

..many new low cost devices will come with a new edition of Windows called Windows 8.1 with Bing. Windows 8.1 with Bing provides all the same great experiences that Windows 8.1 [with KB2919355 installed], and comes with Bing as the default search engine within
    Internet Explorer...This new edition will be only be available preloaded on devices from our hardware partners.

</QP>

Source:
    https://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2014/05/23/helping-our-hardware-partners-build-lower-cost-windows-devices/

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 3, 2015
  3. Onkar HN Win User
    About purchasing Windows

Hey there, I'm planning to purchase Windows (home) for my Laptop PC. I'm kind of confuse in choosing Windows. MSFT says W10 will be launched on 29th, and there're no specs. What'll be its pricing? I saw that 10 will be free on W7, is it true? (so I could
    buy W7 now and upgrade to W10 later!) cause I don't want to buy W8.1 at 19,000 INR if W10 is going to released at lower costs. Please give a suggestion!

Thanks...

Onkar HN, Jun 3, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

This is a good move actually. Not everyone will be able to afford the $100+ they're asking and Bing isn't that bad.

swarfega, Jun 3, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    This will be great for people to use as an inexpensive remote control for their Smart Houses(Internet of Things IoT) Also Bing is only set as default, you can change it, of course then you'll have problems using some services. I've been a Bing fan since it's inception.

Cliff S, Jun 3, 2015
  6. z3r010 Win User
    I picked up a couple of Intel Compute Sticks a few weeks back with Windows 8 with Bing on them, I've not had chance to try them out yet though.

z3r010, Jun 3, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I've read some of the initial reviews, and people were not impressed. Of course they were expecting a new super computer or something. But they're getting better: http://www.pcworld.com/article/29309...is-winter.html

Cliff S, Jun 3, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Smart move actually -- maybe they could port it to Windows Phone too -- I just wish Ms could get the Phone maker(s) to get better handsets --that's what puts me off a Windows phone (plus a few Banks don't seem to want to deal with Windows phones for their mobile banking apps).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 3, 2015
  9. Another clean install nightmare *Sad

Anshad Edavana, Jun 3, 2015
  10. DavidY Win User
    I'm guessing that the comment relates to the lack of a way to clean install Windows 8.1 with Bing on a computer you bought. '8.1 With Bing' isn't an option in the Media Creation tool for 8.1, and the 8.1 Core version doesn't work with those keys.

So if you bought a PC with 8.1 Bing you haven't got a way to clean install 8.1, unlike the other 8.1 versions, without paying for a new licence / MSDN etc.

Edit: Unless there's a way to do it which I've not figured out?

DavidY, Jun 3, 2015
  11. That's a hard ISO to get. It's not listed on MSDN either, not for me anyway. You'd have to get it from the OEM, if they do that, they may just stick you with recovery media. Or resort to bit torrent etc.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. MSFT to Release Low-Cost/Free Windows 10 with Bing branding - Similar Threads - MSFT Release Low

2. Office activation at a very low cost.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office activation at a very low cost.: Hi, This website claims such a low cost for genuine office and windows. https://www.digisoftmart.com/ Are they selling really genuine products? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-activation-at-a-very-low-cost/0ea883fd-946d-46b6-99e9-e3f7092001bd
  3. Microsoft is working on web-first Windows 10 OS for low-cost PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on web-first Windows 10 OS for low-cost PCs: We’ve long heard rumours of Microsoft making a new lightweight version of Windows codenamed “Windows Lite”. Last year, Microsoft finally announced Windows 10X, a modular and lightweight operating for the dual-screen hardware with the ability to run Win32 apps in a virtualized...
  4. Windows 10 cost

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 cost: Hi, this company is offering Windows 10 Pro at £49.99 today only. Do you know if this is a genuine Web address for Microsoft Store please. Thanks, Keith https://www.msofficestore.uk/product/windows-10-pro/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqt2Orv3n6QIVFODtCh2Ulg-gEAAYAyAAEgJ5pPD_BwE...
  5. Urge Cost-free Upgrade to W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Urge Cost-free Upgrade to W10: Due to a query in another MS Tech Forum, this may well be worth a mention. Some people may not be aware of this or their understanding may be not quite accurate. Windows 7 & 8 machines CAN be upgraded to Windows 10 at no cost. The idea that the only way is to purchase a...
  6. Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?: I'm enrolled at a community college and someone told me not to purchase Office 2019 for my new HP system. They said something about a free academic license that I can obtain, since I'm in school. Does anyone know anything about that. Money is a bit tight now since I bought a...
  7. Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?

Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?: I'm enrolled at a community college and someone told me not to purchase Office 2019 for my new HP system. They said something about a free academic license that I can obtain, since I'm in school. Does anyone know anything about that. Money is a bit tight now since I bought a...
  8. need low cost wifi router or print server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need low cost wifi router or print server: I have this HP 400 printer which supports USB and Ethernet only, no WiFi. My LAN is Wi-Fi based, and I would like to give all systems direct access to this printer via an IP address. So I need a low-cost box that supports WiFI and Ethernet. Also needs to work in bridge mode...
  9. Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost?

Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost?: I have licence laptop of windows 10 home. i want to upgrade it to windows 10 pro. without out any cost it is possible to update?...
  10. Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Be Fully Focused on Low-Cost Devices: Microsoft is already in the middle of a very complex plan to bring more affordable devices running modern Windows to the market, so it’s no surprise that the upcoming Windows 9 operating system is going to be part of this new plan. The LinkedIn profile of Oleg Krogius...