Windows 10: msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt is being blocked by ESET

Discus and support msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt is being blocked by ESET in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Few hours ago, my antivirus ESET started to block msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt with IP 13.107.4.52. It happens every time I connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DJLiMix, Apr 11, 2019.

1. DJLiMix Win User

msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt is being blocked by ESET

Hello,

Few hours ago, my antivirus ESET started to block msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt with IP 13.107.4.52. It happens every time I connect to Wi-Fi

network. It's blocked two times every time (pictures)

msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt is being blocked by ESET 56664663_1438799872912004_7914778690985132032_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fbts2-1.png msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt is being blocked by ESET 56877183_607937049672781_8260106482628952064_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fbts2-1.png

Why is it suddenly being blocked?

Thank you

:)

DJLiMix, Apr 11, 2019

2. msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi

Seems odd that I can get onto the login page on my iphone (which apparently does not use msftconnecttest as an interim step, but not the laptop.

Can I bypass this msftconnecttest step manually?

Laforestrx, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 11, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt is being blocked by ESET - Similar Threads - msftconnecttest com connecttest

2. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  3. ESET

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ESET: HiTrying to uninstall the Eset scanner program when i click brings me to control panel to uninstall the programbut its not there?THANK YOUTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eset/a7b70dfd-0ac3-481e-a26a-1dded67112f4
  4. ESET

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESET: HiTrying to uninstall the Eset scanner program when i click brings me to control panel to uninstall the programbut its not there?THANK YOUTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eset/a7b70dfd-0ac3-481e-a26a-1dded67112f4
  5. ESET

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  7. Chrome is not being blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Chrome is not being blocked: I have Google Chrome "blocked" in all of my children's accounts but they can still use chrome on their computers. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-not-being-blocked/288a942f-29d3-4278-b09f-d13250eb6e9c
  8. How to remove msftconnecttest redirect error

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove msftconnecttest redirect error: [ATTACH]Have you ever wondered how Windows figures out if you have a stable internet connection? It takes a few seconds, usually for Windows, to tell […] This article How to remove msftconnecttest redirect error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Eset Removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Eset Removal: Hello, winver; 1903 I used Eset (One time Scan) free for a 2nd opinion. It downloaded 'esetonlinescanner_enu.exe'. Which I ran a few weeks ago. It placed shortcut on my desktop. Today just noticed my windows defender & Malwarebytes anti exploit icons do not appear in Task...
  10. Port is being blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port is being blocked: For context I have used the port in the past on different computers just fine, I have port forwarded in the past with no issue. For some odd reason yesterday my port 25565 was being blocked for no reason, I ended up having the reset my router (ISP instructions) and my Netgear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. http://www.msftconnecttest.com:80connecttest.txt

2. msftconnecttest eset