Windows 10: Msgbox with error 0xc0000142 when running my C/C++ program

Discus and support Msgbox with error 0xc0000142 when running my C/C++ program in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; From experiences with trial an error some say that this error is thrown due to bad returning from concrete functions, and others say that the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Néstor Llop Guerra, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Msgbox with error 0xc0000142 when running my C/C++ program

From experiences with trial an error some say that this error is thrown due to bad returning from concrete functions, and others say that the problem is a null pointer to a static constructor.However, my case isn't any of those, and I can't find any documentation about this error within the Windows API. Microsoft, what's the meaning of this error? I don't try to make you solve my code, but to show me all the possibilities that can return this error.Thank you in advance

:)

Néstor Llop Guerra, Nov 3, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

Learning to Program C

my suggestion is to learn c first, then expand to c++ or java depending on your project requirements. if you decide to use visual studio (which i strongestly recommend) then you can just create c++ projects and write normal c code

W1zzard, Nov 3, 2021
  3. RUN TIME ERROR MICROSOFT VISUAL C C

Hi Marco,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This error may occur due to a program using Visual C++.

I would suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select Programs and Features.

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and
    uninstall
    it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 3, 2021
  4. Msgbox with error 0xc0000142 when running my C/C++ program

(0xc0000142) || (c:\\windows\system32\vcruntime140.dll

Hey i need some help, normally i just google my way for the answer but have not found any with the same problem yet so i am asking here for help

i am trying to start up Far Cry 5. bought trough steam, lunches with ubisoft. running windows 10 home.

this is the errors that i come across when trying.

first box:

could not start the program properly (0xc0000142) OK to close the program ||
    secound box: and untrusted system file (c:\\windows\system32\vcruntime140.dll

here is a list of what i have tried so far to fix it.

have now done a clean install of windows. clean install for nvidia. let the game install visual c++ it needed for it self.. re downloaded the game.., checked files... have tried verifying files, trough
    steam. tried turning firewall of... tried reparing visual C++.. tried installing fresh visual C++.. checked that Kaspersky allows the program... tried running as admin... checked windows update... tryd clean boot(no background programs)..

hope some one here can help, ubisoft has not given a word since 28.03.2018.

edit* have done systemfilechecker, no errors

Morten Risnes, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

Msgbox with error 0xc0000142 when running my C/C++ program

1. Msgbox with error 0xc0000142 when running my C/C++ program - Similar Threads - Msgbox error 0xc0000142

2. Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.: Hi all,I am trying to install some software for remote work. Every time it tries to extract and install vcredist_x64.exe, the installation errors out and gives me this error message: "Error installing Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++ redistributable. The librairs being updated...
  3. C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Program...: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.14326.21480.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxTsr.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cprogram/9cbacec0-d601-4543-886f-c3607d7b5464
  4. C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\Program...: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.14326.21480.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxTsr.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cprogram/9cbacec0-d601-4543-886f-c3607d7b5464
  5. Msgbox with error 0xc0000142 when running my C/C++ program

Msgbox with error 0xc0000142 when running my C/C++ program: From experiences with trial an error some say that this error is thrown due to bad returning from concrete functions, and others say that the problem is a null pointer to a static constructor.However, my case isn't any of those, and I can't find any documentation about this...
  6. running programs in the C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    running programs in the C drive: hello teami have a 250GB SSD drive, in which the OS is installed. i use Adobe Premiere Pro and photoshop. I have installed them in the c drive. is it ok if i run the program, premiere pro in the c drive? i've been told that, for geting a faster performance, all the...
  7. running programs in the C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    running programs in the C drive: hello teami have a 250GB SSD drive, in which the OS is installed. i use Adobe Premiere Pro and photoshop. I have installed them in the c drive. is it ok if i run the program, premiere pro in the c drive? i've been told that, for geting a faster performance, all the...
  8. running programs in the C drive

9. C:\Program...

C:\Program...: Hi, Uninstall my old SOD2 and installed JE. My Win 10 is fully updated to 1909. But this thing pops up: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\Microsoft.Dayton_2.384.8...\StateOfDecay2-Win64-Shipping.exe File System Error What can the issue be and how do I fix it? my anti...
  10. C: Program

C: Program: Before I start, I'm just a kid. Hi, I'm and needs help from anyone who knows how to help. Screenshot: [img] This started when I deleted a Ad popup on the control panel. I need help on how to fix this, I tried using AVG and CCleaner but nothing happened. 32708