Windows 10: MSI 970 GAMING 5.1 sound Subwoofer not working WIN10 / WIN7

Discus and support MSI 970 GAMING 5.1 sound Subwoofer not working WIN10 / WIN7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i have important question, which is annoying me all day yet. I really dont know what to do yet. I have problem with my 5.1 audio speakers (... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomas92, Nov 27, 2015.

1. tomas92 Win User

MSI 970 GAMING 5.1 sound Subwoofer not working WIN10 / WIN7

Hello,
    i have important question, which is annoying me all day yet. I really dont know what to do yet. I have problem with my 5.1 audio speakers ( Genius sw-hf 5.1 4500 ,230V-EU ) . I am daily using windows 10 and i had my speakers connected to pc as stereo /2xcinch to 3,5mm jack connected to line-out conector/ . Everything worked fine.

My speakers are 5.1 and this motherboard which i bought, has 7.1-CHannel, so i wanted connect my speakers as 5.1 system and use for gaming....
    Problem is that SUBWOOFER IS NOT PLAYING. I tried couple times reinstall couple drivers from realtek or check and connect speakers different way but i still didnt figure it out and its really annyoing yet. I installed windows 7 on second HDD but even in win7 is not working too! When i am using stereo then is everything fine...

Right now i have connected my speakers like this :
    -subwoofer+central by reduction (which i did buy specially because wasnt in package with speakers) 2xcinch-3,5mm jack connected to CS-Out
    -rear same reduction connected to RS-Out
    -front same reduction connected to Line-Out

In realtek HD Audio Manager i choosed 5.1 , when i was connecting speakers i ticked what i am connecting ,but when i connected front into Line-Out it didnt pop-up any window to confirm that speakers (but they are playing) ..

When i am ticking choice ,,swap center/subwoofer output, subwoofer is playing center sound and i feel basses, so subwoofer is working, its not physical y broken,.
    I want that it will all right work in windows 10.

PLEASE URGENT HELP, I AM HOPELESS YET...,thank you

:)

tomas92, Nov 27, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

BSOD Error while gaming

Is the motherboard not the MSI 970 Gaming?

If so, the MSI 970 Gaming is AMD 970 chipset based.

Or are you using a different motherboard now?

auggy, Nov 27, 2015
  3. GEK1964 Win User
    Can't get stereo sound in Windows 10

My PC is a Dell XPS Core i5.

The speakers plug into a subwoofer. The subwoofer connects to a single port on the back of the PC.

The audio device used is Realtek and I use the sound settings to select either Stereo, Quadraphonic, or 5.1. It defaults to quadraphonic but that sounds terrible (sL and sR speakers only). When I change it to select Stereo, there is no sound at all. If
    I select 5.1 configuration, again I only have sound from sL and sR speakers but it sounds terrible.

GEK1964, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

MSI 970 GAMING 5.1 sound Subwoofer not working WIN10 / WIN7

1. MSI 970 GAMING 5.1 sound Subwoofer not working WIN10 / WIN7 - Similar Threads - MSI 970 GAMING

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. Win7 product key not working for Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 product key not working for Win10: Hi, I had Win7 liscence. Unfortually I format my laptop and Install Win10. But Win7 key is not working on Win10. Could you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-product-key-not-working-for-win10/07144e2a-95b6-472c-9211-4e01c2b43ac5
  4. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  5. Usb 3.0 host controller MSI gaming 970 gaming board

Usb 3.0 host controller MSI gaming 970 gaming board: I have an MSI 970 gaming board with windows 10 64bit installed and everytime and mostly all the time with this External 6tb seagate hub drive when plugged in Windows does not see but it is seen in the BIOS also seagate does not have any drivers for it since its suppose to...
  6. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...
  7. Old (Win7) games fail on Win10 AU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old (Win7) games fail on Win10 AU: This has to be the least important problem with the AU, but ... Shortly after installing Win10 I installed the old W7 solitaire package using the procedure in Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. It has been working fine for a a year or so....
  8. Revert to Win7 iTunes .msi issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert to Win7 iTunes .msi issue: Over the last two days I've reverted two of my 4 PCs back to Win7 and experienced the same problem with iTunes. After reverting (both are Win Pro 64-bit) I was unable to either repair, update, or remove iTunes. Windows could not locate the iTunes6464.msi, usually in an Apple...
  9. Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?

Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?: I haven't had the new PC delivered yet, but am wondering if, as Vista drivers for gaming hardware tended to be OK in Win7, should they and/or Win7 drivers work in Win10? Thinking of things like Saitek X52, Belkin Nostromo N52.. I could of course post to the various...
  10. Win7 to Win10 upgrade without service pack 1

Win7 to Win10 upgrade without service pack 1: I'm trying to help my father upgrade his computer from win7 to win10, but service pack 1 in windows update keeps failing. I tried downloading and running the separate application for installing the service pack, but that fails as well. I even found another microsoft...