Windows 10: MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down.

Discus and support MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, if I try to manually close MSI Afterburner it shows CTaskSchedulerInterface::AddTask failed with error code -22! which also prevents PC from auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gen66, Sep 10, 2019.

1. gen66 Win User

MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down.

Hi, if I try to manually close MSI Afterburner it shows CTaskSchedulerInterface::AddTask failed with error code -22!

which also prevents PC from auto shut down and I have to manually click to end MSI afterburner process to shut down properly.

I've done all the simple things trying to fix this, reinstall, registry cleaner etc.

I've opened task manager and I can't disable tasks there because it says im not admin (and I'm with my admin account). Not sure what's happening here.

I saw this issue here in this forum
    https://www.simforums.com/forums/msi-afterburner-error-22_topic56382.html
    and the guy basically fixed it by" So the reset of the transaction log using fsutil resource autoreset, seems to have done the job as it not only allowed me to remove the entry from the task scheduler, but also I no longer get the "cannot add task to scheduler", code 22 messages. "

And I don't have any idea how to use fsutil resource autoreset MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down. :(

If anyone knows how can I fix this or how can I use this fsutil resource autoreset and what to write in CMD to make it work, please advise!
    Thank you!

:)

gen66, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 and MSI afterburner + battle.net desktop app crash

I've noticed that If I have MSI afterburner 4.1.1 running and try and run Battle.net desktop app to play a game Battle.net will crash. If I close down msi afterburner it loads fine and runs. This is on win10pro x64 and an upgrade install from win 7 pro.
    I've tried disabling the riva tuner 64bit option and it still crashes it.

There seems to be a conflict in win10 between battle.net and msi afterburner or riva tuner.

CommanderVic, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Polo6RGTI Win User
    Latest MSI Afterburner Betas & Updates

Latest MSI Afterburner Beta is available:

MSI Afterburner v4.6.0 beta 9 (build 13338)

• Voltage/frequency curve editor is now updated on new GPU selection or closed if you select a GPU with no Voltage/Frequency curve control support, so you don’t need to reopen the editor when tuning the curve for multiple GPUs
    • Improved hardware control shared memory interface:
    • Now hardware control shared memory is immediately updated on selecting new GPU from GPU quick selection panel in GUI. It is no longer necessary to apply the settings in order to make new GPU selection visible to external applications connected to hardware control shared memory. So you may switch between multiple GPUs and test them from external overclocking scanner without closing and reopening it for each new GPU
    • New hardware control shared memory interface command allows MSI Afterburner to refresh Voltage/Frequency curve editor to refresh the curve in real time per external application request
    • Updated OC scanner is now refreshing Voltage/Frequency curve in real time during scanning process, so you may see how the scanner is locking voltage points and tuning each point of the curve while searching for the maximum stable GPU clock

MSI Afterburner 4.6.0 Beta 9 (13338) Download

Polo6RGTI, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Latest MSI Afterburner Betas & Updates

I made some color changes to the MSI Gaming Afterburner skin by Drerex Design by uncompiling the original and using Gimp to change the 83 png picture files for the UI, and making hex value changes in the header file(instruction on how to do it is included with afterburner as a PDF written by @Unwinder here:

MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down. [​IMG]

I originally posted the first one in the Hardware thread, but it really belongs here, so:

1. download it,
    2. right click and unblock in properties,
    3. unzip it,
    4. then copy it to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Skins
    5. Open Afterburner, and select it.
    MSIGamingGold.zip

MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down. [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. MSI Afterburner error -22 when closing, computer can't auto shut down. - Similar Threads - MSI Afterburner error

2. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  3. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  4. BSOD When using MSI Afterburner Auto OC minidump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When using MSI Afterburner Auto OC minidump: Hi, All.I have been researching Overclocks for RAM, CPU, GPU, and tweaking settings after reading and much research to ensure I'm within safe values for everything. I was actually trying to undervolt my CPU with all cores at 4200 Which seemed to be stable, used DRAM Calc for...
  5. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  6. Shut Down when closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut Down when closing the lid: I have set my Win 10 computer's Power Options in the Control Panel to shut down when I close the lid. However I have noticed that after the screen is locked after ten minutes of no activity it does not shut down when I close the lid, it just stays in the locked screen...
  7. "Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?: Hello when i try to shut down my computer it says "this app is preventing you from shutting down" however I have no apps open. I went to the event viewer and this error comes up "The following application attempted to veto the shutdown: nsload.exe." I went back and it has...
  8. MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner works when it wants to.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner works when it wants to.: Updated to the most current version of both MSI/Rivatuner but I have noticed for awhile now that this program chooses to work when it wants. I usually game and would like to monitor my hardware but this program doesn't work as well when I first installed it. Any ideas as to...
  9. MSI Afterburner

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Afterburner: Hello Just bought a laptop with a GTX 1050 2GB. I am interested in trying to get the most out of my card. I understand overclocking will get the best results. I managed to get a +200 MHZ on core clock and a +250MHZ on memory clock. Is this good and is there any more I can do...
  10. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi afterburner error code 22

2. add task failed with error code 22

3. addtask failed error 22

4. msi afterburner prevents pc shutdown