Windows 10: MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

Discus and support MSI Afterburner not retaining settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by imacken, Sep 3, 2020.

1. imacken Win User

MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB.
    I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green.
    Is there some addiotnal step I need to do?

W10 64 bit 2004

:)

imacken, Sep 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 and MSI afterburner + battle.net desktop app crash

I've noticed that If I have MSI afterburner 4.1.1 running and try and run Battle.net desktop app to play a game Battle.net will crash. If I close down msi afterburner it loads fine and runs. This is on win10pro x64 and an upgrade install from win 7 pro.
    I've tried disabling the riva tuner 64bit option and it still crashes it.

There seems to be a conflict in win10 between battle.net and msi afterburner or riva tuner.

CommanderVic, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Latest MSI Afterburner Betas & Updates

I made some color changes to the MSI Gaming Afterburner skin by Drerex Design by uncompiling the original and using Gimp to change the 83 png picture files for the UI, and making hex value changes in the header file(instruction on how to do it is included with afterburner as a PDF written by @Unwinder here:

MSI Afterburner not retaining settings [​IMG]

I originally posted the first one in the Hardware thread, but it really belongs here, so:

1. download it,
    2. right click and unblock in properties,
    3. unzip it,
    4. then copy it to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Skins
    5. Open Afterburner, and select it.
    MSIGamingGold.zip

MSI Afterburner not retaining settings [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 3, 2020
  4. da20valve Win User

MSI Afterburner Crashes PC

Afterburner

Nope doesnt work, anymore suggestion (preferably more then 3 words). (and preferably no posts about how they have had no problems) using afterburner *Smile MSI Afterburner not retaining settings :)

Catalyst Control Centre 11.2
    Msi afterburner 2.10 and 2.20
    ATI MSI R6950 Twin Frozr

Comeon people hit me with a suggestion

da20valve, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings - Similar Threads - MSI Afterburner retaining

2. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  3. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  4. How to download MSI Afterburner

in Windows 10 News
    How to download MSI Afterburner: MSI Afterburner is an excellent program for video cards, not only cards by MSI, that can best be described as an overlocking/underclocking utility for Windows with extra features baked into the application. My first review of MSI Afterburner dates back to 2010, followed by a...
  5. MSI Afterburner doesn't affect GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Afterburner doesn't affect GPU: I'm not sure if it's conflicting with the radeon software but MSI Afterburner tweaks do not seem to stick. I set the fan speed to max and apply. It goes back to Auto. I do not agree with the fan curve on the 6900xt and I can alter it to my liking within Radeon Software but...
  6. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  7. Dpc watchdog violation/MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dpc watchdog violation/MSI afterburner: Thought I'd try out MSI Afterburner. So here's how it went. Raised clock speeds and then clicked the overclock scanner feature. Overclock scanner appeared to have freezed my computer, so I shutdown my laptop by long-pressing the power button. Now every time I log in to...
  8. pc gpu fans not staying on temp set on MSI afterburner

pc gpu fans not staying on temp set on MSI afterburner: Ive been using afterburner for a long time now and today i opened it up and set my gpu fans to 60 (my gpu usually stays on like 70-79 celcius at this speed. And it worked fine. it set my speed to the speed i desired but when i opened up a game the temp kept dipping down to...
  9. MSI Afterburner on Windows 7 pro

MSI Afterburner on Windows 7 pro: I have had MSI Afterburner installed for a few years to control my GPU fan and show temperature as I'm gaming, but lately for some reason MSI Afterburner has started freezing/locking the temperature of the GPU (GTX 1050ti) at one temp without changing and showing the true...
  10. MSI Afterburner

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Afterburner: Hello Just bought a laptop with a GTX 1050 2GB. I am interested in trying to get the most out of my card. I understand overclocking will get the best results. I managed to get a +200 MHZ on core clock and a +250MHZ on memory clock. Is this good and is there any more I can do...